PDA

View Full Version : Telewest Call charges

m419
21-07-2005, 18:42
Telewest's Call charges are quite expensive compared to BT,Tele-2,Toucan Talk,Talk-Talk,Bulldog,One Tel and NTL Freedom. There call charges are outdated and need to be improved by far!

30 Minute call to a local cable/BT line during 8am-6pm using Telewest: 96p
30 Minute call to a local Cable/BT line during 8am-6pm using BT: 90p
30 Minute call to a local cable/BT line during 6pm-8am using Telewest: 66p
30 Minute call to a local cable/BT line during 6pm-8am using BT: 5p

Telewest should make these cheaper and reintroduce free local cable-to-cable calls or national cable-to-cable calls including calls to NTL and Wight Cable networks.

MovedGoalPosts
21-07-2005, 19:27
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D
Many of the standard call plans from most companies are relatively expensive. Ntl's standard tarrif is much the same as Telewest, excepting only that the connection charge (the primary difference to BT, as far as I can see) is 5p on ntl and 6p on Telewest, wheras BT simply insist on a minimum call cost.

Telewest and ntl seem to have the call charges set to encourage bundled users of phone, TVand broadband. Thus standalone phone is pricey, but they do then offer the unlimited talk type packages, which become more competetive, if you are a frequent phone user.

Rillington
21-07-2005, 21:34
I'd agree with those comments Rob. Cable seems all to be about bundling and their be-all and end-all of getitng as much out of each customer as possible rather than getting new customers who would pay less but give them more revenue in the end becuase every person will only spend a certain amount and if cable becomes too expensive then people WILL go elsewhere and I don't think the cable companies see this happening as yet becuase people will only stand a certain number of price rises.

stuartalston
29-07-2005, 18:57
30 minute local or national call from telewest on the weekend-free
same call bt-5p
2 hour call on weekend local or national from telewest-free
same call bt-65p
I could go on

m419
30-07-2005, 14:28
To avoid the after-60 minute 1p per minute charge on BT, just hang up and call the same number again which means that call will cost just 10p.

You must admit, that the amount you spend on weekday calls actually makes up for the free weekend talk time on Telewest Talk Weekends

I made a 30 minute call yesterday to a local number and cost 66p on Telewest because it was made on friday 6.30pm. That call would have cost only 5p on BT together option 1.

BT caller display is now free of charge when ordered through BT privacy at home service. Telewest charges £1.50 per month for that facility.

BT will probably make local and national calls free at weekends in line with Telewest,Tele 2 and one tel.

If I used a BT payphone to make that same call it would of cost 50p

15 minutes: 30p plus 20p (10p for every 7 minutes afterwards.)

Also Telewest's 118770 service is charge at 50p per call, this service does not have an onward connect facility, the same service from Cable and Wireless on 118099 or one tel 118111 would cost just 35p per call. Why does Telewest have to be more expensive?

Everyone also seems to be confused about the 'BT minimum call charge' and the 'Call connection charge' on Telewest and NTL.

Any chargeable call that you make on Telewest,NTL and Bulldog will incur a surcharge of 5p to 6p per call plus the call cost. So a 1 minute daytime local/national call would cost 9p.

BT's minimum call charge occurs when a call costs less than 5p. So therefore a 1 minute call or less will cost 5p,a 2 minute call will cost 6p and a 3 minute call will cost 9p. All calls lasting 2 minutes or more are charged at 3p per minute on BT Together option 1.

Why does telewest and NTL charge for connection and not have a minimum call charge?

30 minute local or national call from telewest on the weekend-free
same call bt-5p
2 hour call on weekend local or national from telewest-free
same call bt-65p
I could go on