PDA

View Full Version : Parcelforce signing for my stuff

Angelus
21-07-2005, 14:56
Ok i got my package about 2 hours ago and was curious to what the tracker page said

So i visited it and put in my parcel number and it said the package had arrived and been signed for

Well i never signed for it so i looked at the link it provided for proof of delivery.

And my first name was scribbled in

Is this allowed?

etccarmageddon
21-07-2005, 15:00
I think you could complain that your signiture had been fraudulently faked - I'm not sure where the law is on this and wonder if you could go to the police and make a complaint. You should certainly be able to get the employee reprimanded IF you can prove you didn't sign it.

grandmaster
21-07-2005, 15:01
i take it you got the package yourself and didnt arrive via a work reception or security?

Angelus
21-07-2005, 15:06
i take it you got the package yourself and didnt arrive via a work reception or security?

I got it myself and the only proof i have that i did not sign it was my next door neighbour who was out to. The bloke just give me the box and i even asked him if i need to sign and he said no

grandmaster
21-07-2005, 15:23
Then phone them up immediatly

This is not on.

I would be furious

Paul K
21-07-2005, 15:25
Report it, this sort of thing is not acceptable and Parcelforce will no doubt ask the driver a few questions later.
Their lines are open till 5.30pm 08708 501150

darkangel
21-07-2005, 15:27
some packages are whats called dd duly delivered, what service was it sent?

Strzelecki
21-07-2005, 15:38
I've had this happen 3 times to me when receiving packages from dabs. Once the driver signed it and left the package out in the rain (dabs sent a replacement even though it wasn't their fault). I have complained to the depot manager every time and challenged the driver when I was in on one occasion but they don't care. I now try to avoid parcel farce and therefore think twice about ordering from dabs. Managed to get £70 out of them on one occasion.

Bifta
21-07-2005, 15:41
Ok i got my package about 2 hours ago and was curious to what the tracker page said

So i visited it and put in my parcel number and it said the package had arrived and been signed for

Well i never signed for it so i looked at the link it provided for proof of delivery.

Is this allowed?

Tell the company you haven't received it and that you certainly haven't signed for anything, they'll provide you with a replacement (which you can flog on ebay courtesy of parcelforce thanksverymuch) AND they'll claim it back off parcelforce which might spur them into actually doing their job properly.

darkangel
21-07-2005, 15:43
nothing unique to parcel force or royal mail the wife get her contacts delivered by the milk man lazy **** leaves the at the bottom of the drive way! had citylink and ups leave parcels at the side of the house before now

Graham
21-07-2005, 18:03

Is this allowed?

No it is most certainly not! I would immediately complain to them.

Oh, and *don't* waste your money paying *them* to complain by using their 0870 number, go to http://saynoto0870.com and search for "parcelforce" (no space) for alternative numbers, then phone them for free using http://www.call1899.com or http://www.call18866.com/ :)

Nidge
21-07-2005, 19:30
Most parcel delivery drivers work on a drop bonus, the more drops they do the more bonus they earn. If the driver can see a window to earn of few £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£ by doing a dry drop (no signature) they will do it. The only company who ask for a signature are City Link, they will not leave a parcel un-signed even at a neighbours house.

Tricky
21-07-2005, 21:20
I had a parcel signed by P Orch (otherwise known as porch) and the parcel left on my step. It was over £300 worth of goods so I rang to give em a piece of my mind...

Apparently the drivers sometimes do this to save you a trip to the depot to collect the parcel. I asked if it had gone missing who would be liable and they explained that they would to the value of the goods. He also went on to explain that the drivers should not do this. I suspect due to the drop bonuses...

iain_herts
21-07-2005, 21:51
same with interlinkexpress they will NOT leave a parcel at any's house unless u sign the card they leave given them permission.

Raistlin
21-07-2005, 21:57
Don't forget to contact the company that sent you the goods as well.

It is them that have the contract with the courier, not you. They need to be aware that this is happening - it is most likely a breach of the contract that they have with the courier.

zoombini
22-07-2005, 09:00
White Arrow are bad for this too.

We recently got a parcel from QVC left outside on the wall where anyone could have pinched it.
IN fact they did ;) so we rang them up, complained & got another one sent out for free.

Paul K
22-07-2005, 09:07
We've had ParcelFarce throwing parcels marked fragile over the back fence in the past. Wouldn't mind but it's a 7ft fence and everytime it occured there was someone at home but the driver couldn't be bothered to walk to the front of the house.