PDA

View Full Version : Broadband installation info

UncleBooBoo
20-07-2005, 20:18
Hi i'm due to have me broadband installed next week and i just wanted to ask a question to anyone who works for ntl.

in me living room i have the phone socket and cable box on the wall i have a cable comming from the tv filter thing on the wall to a two way spliter behind my tv and one of the cables that comes out of the spliter goes to the stb in the living room the other cable goes back outside the house to the bedroom i know the cable that goes to the bedroom was ex-satellite cable (shielded) when ntl come out next week can i use that cable for broadband or will he have to replace it?

me computer is upstairs in the bedroom so i need my broadband there!

No offence intended but I don't want ntl cliping new cable anywhere as they make a messy job as anything!

marky
20-07-2005, 20:20
out with the old in with the new that just me

dunno really sounds like an easy job though you lucky bleep

UncleBooBoo
20-07-2005, 20:23
it is only the cable that is going to the bedroom that was originally installed by sky about a year ago..... all other connections and cable are brand new and installed by ntl just a couple of weeks ago...

so if any cable needs to be replaced then i know it will be just that, but as it goes outside and is cliped externaly until it re-enters the bedroom it's just i know ntl will tack it any how and it will look a right mess!!!!!:shrug:

marky
20-07-2005, 20:27
if you are pc friendly install it yourself just get them to plug the modem in downstairs and then move it thats assuming its a sacm that your having

Neil
20-07-2005, 20:34
*Moved to Broadband Installation forum*

Please try to read the forum catagories before posting, thanks.