PDA

View Full Version : Installation without the broadband jump CD?

Ash-Smith
20-07-2005, 09:40
Hi guys,

I've not visited here in a while, but the time has come again when someone that I know is about to come to NTL. I remember there being a thread about installing ntl broadband without the use of the broadband jump CD.

I can't find the thread anywhere, so can someone please supply me with the link to it, or give me instructions please?

I want the information because I plan to install NTL through my mate's wireless network so the broadband CD would have a nightmare with it.

Thanks in advance.

-Ash-

Jon M
20-07-2005, 09:44
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=7603&highlight=broadjump

Ash-Smith
20-07-2005, 10:01
Thanks very much!

Monserrat
20-07-2005, 14:40
You only need the NTL CD for the first time you're setting yourself up for broadband.

If you are reformatting and reinstalling Windows, you won't need the CD, unless you're using the USB drivers for your modem.

I think most people try to use the ethernet port on their NTL modems.

simpsonsFAN
20-07-2005, 16:24
You only need the NTL CD for the first time you're setting yourself up for broadband.No you dont:)
-Chris

Chris W
20-07-2005, 18:09
You only need the NTL CD for the first time you're setting yourself up for broadband.No you dont:)
-Chris

Actually Monserrat was correct- as he pointed out the only thing you will need the CD for after the first install is the USB drivers ;)

Lord Nikon
20-07-2005, 18:36
Nope, use Ethernet instead - then you don't need drivers

Only thing the CD is useful for is to stop your coffee mug marking the desk while you are at the computer.

Monserrat
22-07-2005, 12:14
Nah, that's what the AOL discs are for :-)