PDA

View Full Version : Red Faced

Escapee
19-07-2005, 22:01
I was a little bit red faced in work today, and wondered what others thought.

I have a laugh and joke with all the women, sometimes we get a new one who doesn't know quite how to take me, but when they realise I am having a bit of fun they are as bad as the rest. I never mix business with pleasure after having a bad experience many years ago, and I'm not a touchy-feely person.

We have a new girl in the office 18-19 yrs old, a few of the guys have said she looks very attractive but I had not really looked. Last week I had to go and see her about some paperwork and she bent forward laying out all the papers on the floor, I looked away because I could see straight down her trousers and her thong was on display. I didn't want anyone else in that office to catch me looking, but she did exactly the same thing again a day or two later. She seems to make excuses to come out and see me about paperwork every now and again, she came in monday and mentioned very suggestively that she was looking for me on friday afternoon and had wanted to push all my buttons. (reference to racks of equipment I'm working on)

Later in the day she came out with some more paperwork and knelt down in front of me after I had swivelled around on my chair to talk to her, again I had to look away because I could see straight down her top. She then got up holding the paperwork in her left had and to her left side, she proceeded to raise her top and scratch under her right breast with her right hand.
I decided at this point that she probably wasn't naive as I first thought because I thought shes doing that and looking away so I can get an eyeful.

Today she came out and remarked what an interesting job I had and how she would like to be working with us, later on I was at the stores hatch leaning on the counter. I saw her approach out of the corner of my eye, and her hand came down to open the half door that I was standing against. Her hand brushed past my lower regions and I stepped back, after she was in the stores she turned around closed the door and said "ooooh that was a bit rude wasn't it" I had turned quite red at this point, if it had been any of the other women that I have a laugh and joke with, I would of probably told them to come back and have another go.

I'm no overly concerned, but theres no way I am going to make a move towards her. At first I thought she was naive and being 20 years younger than me wasn't thinking along those lines. It has made me realise its far more difficult for a bloke in these circumstances, because unless a few other guys had seen it, no-one would take it serious.

Of course the guys are joking and saying "if you dont give her what she's after, she will report you for harassment" I am going to keep my distance from now on, the last thing I need is anything like that in work.

My girlfriend was very supportive when I told her, she said "Give it a go" :shocked:

bopdude
19-07-2005, 22:05
Sounds to me she may be giving as good as you say you do ;) she probably knows she has ' that ' power over us mere mortals and uses it to do the battle of the sexes thing, looks like you might have met your match ... lol

budwieser
19-07-2005, 22:08

I have a laugh and joke with all the women, sometimes we get a new one who doesn't know quite how to take me, but when they realise I am having a bit of fun they are as bad as the rest. I never mix business with pleasure after having a bad experience many years ago, and I'm not a touchy-feely person.

We have a new girl in the office 18-19 yrs old, a few of the guys have said she looks very attractive but I had not really looked. Last week I had to go and see her about some paperwork and she bent forward laying out all the papers on the floor, I looked away because I could see straight down her trousers and her thong was on display. I didn't want anyone else in that office to catch me looking, but she did exactly the same thing again a day or two later. She seems to make excuses to come out and see me about paperwork every now and again, she came in monday and mentioned very suggestively that she was looking for me on friday afternoon and had wanted to push all my buttons. (reference to racks of equipment I'm working on)

Later in the day she came out with some more paperwork and knelt down in front of me after I had swivelled around on my chair to talk to her, again I had to look away because I could see straight down her top. She then got up holding the paperwork in her left had and to her left side, she proceeded to raise her top and scratch under her right breast with her right hand.
I decided at this point that she probably wasn't naive as I first thought because I thought shes doing that and looking away so I can get an eyeful.

Today she came out and remarked what an interesting job I had and how she would like to be working with us, later on I was at the stores hatch leaning on the counter. I saw her approach out of the corner of my eye, and her hand came down to open the half door that I was standing against. Her hand brushed past my lower regions and I stepped back, after she was in the stores she turned around closed the door and said "ooooh that was a bit rude wasn't it" I had turned quite red at this point, if it had been any of the other women that I have a laugh and joke with, I would of probably told them to come back and have another go.

I'm no overly concerned, but theres no way I am going to make a move towards her. At first I thought she was naive and being 20 years younger than me wasn't thinking along those lines. It has made me realise its far more difficult for a bloke in these circumstances, because unless a few other guys had seen it, no-one would take it serious.

Of course the guys are joking and saying "if you dont give her what she's after, she will report you for harassment" I am going to keep my distance from now on, the last thing I need is anything like that in work.

My girlfriend was very supportive when I told her, she said "Give it a go" :shocked:
"Of course the guys are joking and saying "if you dont give her what she's after"

And of course you don`t want to ! ???:>)

" My girlfriend was very supportive when I told her, she said "Give it a go" :shocked:"

I would be be very wary Mate!!!!!!!!
sounds like a Test to me!!!!!!!!!

Escapee
19-07-2005, 22:19
Sounds to me she may be giving as good as you say you do ;) she probably knows she has ' that ' power over us mere mortals and uses it to do the battle of the sexes thing, looks like you might have met your match ... lol

But I have never had any banter with her, its not something I would do with the younger ones anyway.

She works in an office with three other women, two dont really have a lot to do with me but the other is a good laugh. I wonder if she heard the others talk about me and thinks I'm up for a bit of fun, the one in the office is also wlesh like me so we always have a laugh about valley girls and she always asks how my personal life is going.

Either this girl is trying to make me feel awkward, naive or really going for it. I cant ask the other women in the office about it because they would no doubt gossip about it. The guy who works with me has now seen it for himself, he is not very observant with that sort of thing but was amazed by her actions yesterday and today.

Most of the other guys would be queing up, or so they say!

Jules
19-07-2005, 22:41
Ohh you better watch out she is after you and is making it as clear as she can :)

marky
19-07-2005, 22:53
just be very carefull

not to put a downer on things but things can and do go wrong
one of my neighbours is a real flirt but as soon as someone comes on to her in the pub she cries perv
let her do the work :naughty: and time will tell

Angua
19-07-2005, 22:56
This sounds like an iffy one to me (an immature female flexing her femininity)! Whatever you do don't take her up on any offers and try not to be on your own with her. Watch how she reacts with other men around the place!

zoombini
20-07-2005, 10:09
She could just be a right richard teaser & having you on....

grandmaster
20-07-2005, 11:14
i say go with the flow,

It goes without saying that cheating is not an option but a little flirting never hurt anyone.

Wait till the christmans party then you will know for sure :naughty:

:woot:

Chris
20-07-2005, 11:19
For a moment there I thought I'd logged on to the letters page of a p0rn0 mag ... :erm: ... but somehow it went off script right about the point when she said 'ooh, that was a bit rude, wasn't' it... :D

Roy MM
20-07-2005, 11:30
Ask her if she fancies an after work drink, can't do no harm but will gve you a better understanding wether or not she is interested in you. ;)

Maggy
20-07-2005, 11:42
Back right off right now...It could end in tears.an affair with a workmate in this day and age is fraught with all sorts of problems.Have you ever had an affair at work before?

Aragorn
20-07-2005, 12:34
Back right off right now...It could end in tears.an affair with a workmate in this day and age is fraught with all sorts of problems.Have you ever had an affair at work before? Wise words from Incog ;)

You have a lot to potentially lose here - job, g/f, maybe even liberty if she's a psycho :Yikes:

Don't give her any come ons and try to ignore her.

zoombini
20-07-2005, 13:37
If your girlfriend is saying give it a go, is that also saying she's up for a threesome? :D

Maggy
20-07-2005, 16:17
If your girlfriend is saying give it a go, is that also saying she's up for a threesome? :D

You know I think Escapee was actually asking for some help and sensible suggestions.He is in territory that he is not familiar with and really needs our help.When a bloke is asking this sort of question despite the ribald remarks he expects some help. :erm:

Raistlin
20-07-2005, 17:17
Do yourself a favour mate.....walk away now.

As other people have said in this thread, if you pursue this (or if you fail to take the right course of action here) you will be galloping up diarrhea drive without a saddle.

You need to keep in mind at all times that you are at work, don't be aloof with this young lady but try to maintain a professional air around her and in all of your dealings with her.

Be friendly by all means, but try to remember where the line between friendship and something else may lie.

The men in your office may be telling you to give her what she wants - you should remember though that most men think "harass" is two words.....

Escapee
20-07-2005, 21:06
Back right off right now...It could end in tears.an affair with a workmate in this day and age is fraught with all sorts of problems.Have you ever had an affair at work before?

I did have an affair at work many years ago, when I was about 21 yrs old. The lady in question went off work long term with personal problems, the manager visited her and I was called into the office because it was assumed it was due to our relationship. It was assumed that I had something to do with her being long term sick and eventualy finishing work, the worst part was I knew the real reason but wasn't in a position to tell tales.

It did teach me a lesson, even though I am a terrible flirt with the women I know its safe to do with in work, I am probably known for my general lack of interest in women in the workplace. People who know me socially assume that I am the same in work, but thats not the case. I usually avoid christmas parties for that reason.

She has only been out to see me twice today, and was not so bad. I understand one of the older women in the office has had words with her. I think the problem is one in the office who is married and originaly from the South Wales vallies!!! always has a joke with me, and refers to me as "The dirty Welsh sh****r" I think this young girl possibly started taking things a bit far after listening to the other women joking with me.

I hope she stops it now, I felt very uncomfortable because she seemed so serious.

Answer to Zoombini.

Thanks for the suggestion I will try anything once, been there done that when I was 31 :D

Monster Jedi
20-07-2005, 21:16

Sounds like 3 in your house at some time :tu: :D

Julian
20-07-2005, 21:21
Now is a good time to "come out" Kev. :)

Escapee
20-07-2005, 22:42
Now is a good time to "come out" Kev. :)

No sorry to dissapoint you, it wasn't that configuration. I better not go down that route and say anymore about it........lol

The work situation has been a little serious to say the least, its a good job that quite a few around me noticed after I alerted them. She seemed to be doing it to me under everyone elses nose and they didn't notice.

I am getting more of a ribbing from the other women than the men about it today, they are saying I'm a dissapointment, all mouth and no trousers.

Monster Jedi
20-07-2005, 23:06
No sorry to dissapoint you, it wasn't that configuration. I better not go down that route and say anymore about it........lol

The work situation has been a little serious to say the least, its a good job that quite a few around me noticed after I alerted them. She seemed to be doing it to me under everyone elses nose and they didn't notice.

I am getting more of a ribbing from the other women than the men about it today, they are saying I'm a dissapointment, all mouth and no trousers.

You sure. She might be all mouth.:D Maybe she needs a good stiff talking too:tu: . No doubt I'll get reported for this post. But some had to say it and I'd rather it me me me me me:D

AndrewJ
20-07-2005, 23:06
I say back off, and ask her to keep it proffesional, there is a few reasons why,

It has been know for newcomers to

1) use there looks to flirt there ways into promotion

2) enjoy rejecting guys to gain power over the office

3) worse yet she could cry sexual harrasment and try to get money from you.

Be VERY careful to be honest even asking for a drink out could be a sign to her that your interested.

I would tread lighter then you would on egg shells.

Maggy
21-07-2005, 14:12

Nah! You just went up in their estimation really.. :tu:

Escapee
26-07-2005, 21:08
With all the serious talk around this site at the moment, I thought I would lighten it up with my red face.

The young lady in question is on hoiday this week, I went into the office this morning and one of the other women told me what was said last week to make her loose interest.

I have a cut on my cheek/neck and had a plaster over it last week, a comment was made about it in conversation between them. One of the older women said "He probably gut cut during some sex game with a big overpowering women" the young girl said "Does he like big women" older one says "Yes, and he prefers them large and black"

Apparently her face sank as she got the message. ;)

Paul K
26-07-2005, 21:09
With all the serious talk around this site at the moment, I thought I would lighten it up with my red face.

The young lady in question is on hoiday this week, I went into the office this morning and one of the other women told me what was said last week to make her loose interest.

I have a cut on my cheek/neck and had a plaster over it last week, a comment was made about it in conversation between them. One of the older women said "He probably gut cut during some sex game with a big overpowering women" the young girl said "Does he like big women" older one says "Yes, and he prefers them large and black"

Apparently her face sank as she got the message. ;)
But was it true? ;) :p:

Escapee
26-07-2005, 21:17
But was it true? ;) :p:
Yes :)

Would never deny it.

Jules
26-07-2005, 22:56
Aww so she was after you....poor girl you may have broken her heart http://bestsmileys.com/sad/6.gif

zoombini
27-07-2005, 10:14
Get a photo of some big fat black bird & put it on your desk... :-)

Ramrod
27-07-2005, 10:23
Just found this thread......pmsl @ some of the comments......great start to the day :tu: :D :rofl:

timewarrior2001
27-07-2005, 10:37
Why dont you "announce" that you and your girlfriend have set a date for the wedding?

See what she does.

You could try flirting back with one of the other women and ignoring her, see if anything is said to the other women.

Most women like this turn out to be bunny boilers, it strikes me that they think its a game and when it doesnt work they turn back into pyscho bitches from hell.

Salu
27-07-2005, 10:40
I would go along with the cautious view expressed here. You don't know what her motivations are.

Vice-versa this would be easily termed as sexual harassment, I think it's worth terming it as that.

I would let your manager and other confidents know that she is "sexually harassing" you so that they are made aware and maybe even see it happening for themselves. I would give it a week or so and then rebut her. Tell her not to harass you and use the above term. If she then tries to turn the situation around and indicate that you are harassing her, you will have the backup of other's testimonies. Because the reality is that it is more believable that men harass women, isn't it?

Tuftus
27-07-2005, 12:28

That Devine (ala Hugh Grant fame) would be a good candidate... ;)

Escapee
28-07-2005, 21:49

Good idea, but I have already done one better than that!

I found a braided hair extension in my car a couple of weeks ago from a friend (non-sexual) I hung this on th shelf at my desk, it is a fair guess that it has come from a black woman!

All she said was "where did you get that from" and giggled.

I have had one of the guys over the other side of the office being a bit offish with me for the past week or so, I thought I was imagining it first but now I have found out that he's been after her. :erm:

Theres even a rumour going around that I have been in the disabled toilet with her! :disturbd:

My director made a comment to me today and said "jammy sod", at least its widely known that she has thrown herself at me. I went into the kitchen today an one of the directors PA's was bent over in the fridge, she said "I'll have to watch myself with you" I said "your OK, I never touch women in work" she said "Oh, I thought you were doing Rachel"

Her exact words, and so elegently put. :D

Jules
28-07-2005, 22:41
I am off to have a look for a picture of Escapee cause he must have some thing to have all these women after him :D

Maggy
28-07-2005, 22:54
I am off to have a look for a picture of Escapee cause he must have some thing to have all these women after him :D

Well he doesn't appear to be here.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=979&highlight=members+pictures

;)

Jules
28-07-2005, 22:56
I had a root round and his pic doesn't seem to be on the forum :(

Escapee
29-07-2005, 18:40
I had a root round and his pic doesn't seem to be on the forum :(

I can assure you its not a pretty sight, I wouldn't want to subject anyone to viewing it. I would never say I am a handsome guy by any stretch of the imagination, I am however (surprise to some) a fairly good person to talk to. I find that women enjoy chatting and flirting as long as theres no groping or disgusting remarks,

I usually leave them to start that sort of thing!

Jules
29-07-2005, 18:42
You can't be that bad as the ladies seem to like you and the new girl must have gone on looks alone as she hadn't been there long enough to be after you for your personality

Escapee
29-07-2005, 19:44
You can't be that bad as the ladies seem to like you and the new girl must have gone on looks along as she hadn't been there long enough to be after you for your personality

Perhaps she just fancies a bit of rough....lol

Jules
29-07-2005, 19:48
Rofl you are Bad http://bestsmileys.com/misbehaving/10.gif

TheBlueRaja
29-07-2005, 19:51
Lucky bar steward....

Halcyon
30-07-2005, 15:20
I wish I could work where you work. She seems pretty cool.
However, maybe she could be just playing a little game, to feel good about herself. Some girls I have known, seem to love getting attention and making men feel embaressed and wrapping them round their little finger.

At the moment what I would do in your case is ignore it and see how long she continues before she finally takes a hint that you are not willing to go down that route.
Unless she continues, then you would have to set her straight and tell her where she stands, but for the moment just see how it pans out and she'l probably eventually get bored. (Unless she is really really obsessed with you).
Good luck.

Angua
31-07-2005, 16:25
Obession can turn into a nasty problem as they have found out where my hubby works.
One girl tried to frame someone so they got sacked because she was friendly with a (happily married) guy she fancied. Fortunately they have found another means of getting rid of her (she was sending blatant text messages to him to such a degree it was harrassment).