PDA

View Full Version : Speed Loss

ouchiko
19-07-2005, 09:00
Has anyone else expierenced a loss in connection speed in the Guildford area? Last night I was happily using my 3meg connection but suddenly the speed dropped to around 200K per second. This is not to do with the source, I know for a fact that it will deliver much higher speeds.

Many thanks.

Nemesis
19-07-2005, 09:01
Still happening now ?

grandmaster
19-07-2005, 09:02
Check NTLWORLD website for any work in your area.

Otherwise give your SACM or STB a reboot..

Let us know how you get on and welcome to the forums :welcome:

ouchiko
19-07-2005, 09:05
Incred. quick response, thank you.

I've turned off the modem so I will see what happens. (I am currently at work so I will boot the device later on this evening).

When I left this morning the problem was still happening. Usually I get push over 340KB per second but it was only shifting at 200.

Cheers.

Vlad_Dracul
20-07-2005, 16:26
perhaps you have a large influx of 9.99'ers who are threatening the network integrity in your area?

Paul K
20-07-2005, 16:48
What is the fabled source of the download?

ouchiko
20-07-2005, 17:50
Seems to be a problem my end. After getting home last night I tried the same download source from my laptop and linux box and both got good speed. Seems the Win box has NetLimiter running but had decided to cap itself for everything, regardless of exiting the application, killing any processes. Resulted in unstalling the application.

It's strange as I've been using Netlimiter for quite some time and not had any problems.

So, appologies for original question!.

Paul K
20-07-2005, 17:53
Seems to be a problem my end. After getting home last night I tried the same download source from my laptop and linux box and both got good speed. Seems the Win box has NetLimiter running but had decided to cap itself for everything, regardless of exiting the application, killing any processes. Resulted in unstalling the application.

It's strange as I've been using Netlimiter for quite some time and not had any problems.

So, appologies for original question!.
No programs are perfect ;) Sometimes they misread a rules table or the table itself corrupts slightly and then all hell breaks loose :)