PDA

View Full Version : possible or not? i dunno do you?

xander.uk
16-07-2005, 20:45
hi not really a broadband issue!

i am a telewest customer (2mb broadband) and for those i have seen moaning i cant believe it telewest broadband is currently the best internet package on the market.

but to my problem now i have the advert outta the way,,,,lol

my VCR recently died (it was old so it wasnt unexpected.lol) and as VCR seems destined to soon become a thing of museums i was thinking of replacing it with a dvd recorder...........but!!!!!

they are still expensive things and i have a media centre pc that theoretically could do the same job!

the problem is that it currently seems that telewest DIGITAL is incomoatible with media centre pc's.

or do you know differently?

what i want is to basically be able to use my pc as a dvd recorder instead of having to buy a dvd recorder as my hard drive is bigger than the dvd recorders i could tape/watch even more programs on it.

telewest support have advised me to post on forums such as these as they currently do not know how i could do this..although they say they have heard it is possible?

so has anybody connected a tv card to telewest digital successfully? if so how did ya do that please?

or have u connected an external u.s.b card to telewest digital? either option would be far cheaper than a decent dvd recorder and any help would be appreciated!

p.s

i would like to get it sorted b4 the ashes tests start next week because i love the cricket and i think we can beat the aussies this time round!

MovedGoalPosts
16-07-2005, 21:22
Since this duplicates your newest thread, and it is a connectivity issue, this thread is closed.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=32034