PDA

View Full Version : Desperately In Need Of Help

1reader1
14-07-2005, 15:29
hey guys

right what it is i have a citreon saxo, but with no brake lights whatsoever, been lookin on the internet for a fuseboard diagram so i can see what this 15amp fuse is for but NO LUCK! can someone please help me asap as i need to set off to luton for a friends wedding

thanks, john

Paul K
14-07-2005, 15:31
Citreon Saxo? Technology? It's a stretch I must admit ;)
When are you leaving for luton?

Bifta
hey guys

right what it is i have a citreon saxo, but with no brake lights whatsoever, been lookin on the internet for a fuseboard diagram so i can see what this 15amp fuse is for but NO LUCK! can someone please help me asap as i need to set off to luton for a friends wedding

thanks, john

And the first idea that sprang into your head was "I know, I'll become a member of cableforum.co.uk and see if they know"

:erm:

Raistlin
Hi 1reader1,

:welcome: to Cable Forum.

There's normally a diagram (or at least some labelling) on the inside of the cover that goes over the fuse housings.

Have you taken the cover off and looked there?

1reader1
14-07-2005, 15:34
i cant find nothing in my books or anything, nothing on the back of the cover, part from numbers like F2 n F12, witch mean apsolutely nothing to me, my lights, when i switch my lights on only one back light works, but there brand new bulbs, ive tryed the left hand side light (the one that doesnt work) with a tester and theres no power, totaly confused, oh and the middle light at the top of the back window doesnt work neither, bloody things driving me mental

Chris
14-07-2005, 15:36
Cars are 'lifestyle' around here ... moved to the appropriate forum. And seeing as everyone else is being so rude, allow me to say :welcome: :D

edit - except Raist!

Jon M
14-07-2005, 15:37
We have a member called Saxodriver, he will probably be able to help you out. ;)

I can't recommend from personal experience.. but any Citroen/Saxo forum would be a better bet than here.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=saxo+forum

Paul K
14-07-2005, 15:37
i cant find nothing in my books or anything, nothing on the back of the cover, part from numbers like F2 n F12, witch mean apsolutely nothing to me, my lights, when i switch my lights on only one back light works, but there brand new bulbs, ive tryed the left hand side light (the one that doesnt work) with a tester and theres no power, totaly confused, oh and the middle light at the top of the back window doesnt work neither, bloody things driving me mental
Erm don't both both brake lights run off the same fuse? Have you checked the wiring on the brakelight cluster that isn't working?

Chris
14-07-2005, 15:39
Spot on Paul - I don't know much about cars but I do know that brake lights on both sides will be on the same fuse. Your problem lies elsewhere mate.

Paul K
14-07-2005, 15:42
Spot on Paul - I don't know much about cars but I do know that brake lights on both sides will be on the same fuse. Your problem lies elsewhere mate.
I would suspect wiring on the cluster to be honest but one way to be sure would be to take the bulb that does light up out and put it into the light cluster that isn't working at the moment.

Raistlin
14-07-2005, 15:44
Have you checked that the wiring loom plug that connects to the back of the brake light in question hasn't come loose?

Stuart
14-07-2005, 15:48
I'd be suprised if the lights were on a 15 amp circuit as well. In our studio at work, the portable lights are 15 amp, and they are 1.2 KW lamps.

Gareth
14-07-2005, 15:50
Have you checked Yellow Pages? You can get a list of local taxi companies. If you're going to a wedding, presumably you're suited-and-booted, and therefore don't want to be doing any car maintenance.

AndrewJ
14-07-2005, 15:54
Number 1: check the light casing nuts I know I slammed the boot once and the cables came loose.

Number 2: Have you fitted those lexus lights? there is a many number of cheap knock off's which are crap.

Number 3: my saxo is one of the first ones, all details though are in the user manual for it, although if I think right your Saxo should have a high level 3rd brake light which runs off another fuse if I remember right.

Which year is your saxo?

Stuart
14-07-2005, 15:57
Can't find anything online, but have you looked in your local bookstore for a Haynes manual for the car? These normally have excellent maintenance help (such as fuse box diagrams).

But, as stated above, it likely the fault is elsewhere, as both lights would be attached to the same fuse.

AndrewJ
14-07-2005, 16:03
I'd be suprised if the lights were on a 15 amp circuit as well. In our studio at work, the portable lights are 15 amp, and they are 1.2 KW lamps.

Agreed would help if my Saxo was here but right now as its a project for me when I am bored its in a heated garage at relatives.

Without knowing which generation of Saxo it is and if he has changed the lights I cant offer any more advice.

Few things though check in the boot and see if all wires to the cluster are secured correctly ( not bare not loose very tight and fitted sound ) also if a garage did it, check the bulbs are in secure.

Secondly check the whole cluster make sure its fitted securely and no water has gotten in and caused problems and/or dirt for same matter, lets face it, it is a french car and they have more holes then a sieve after a tommy gun been let loose at it.

budwieser
14-07-2005, 17:41
hey guys

thanks, john

Firstly mate, Check both bulbs,........ If they are alright i would, personally, change the Brake light switch which is located on top of the Brake pedal.:D

iain_herts
14-07-2005, 18:08
if u can let me know wot model and year ur car is i can have a look on the autodata cd2 see if there is anything on that that may help u.

iain

budwieser
15-07-2005, 20:31
:( Another post died the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D