PDA

View Full Version : Pace DSL 4000 Box from Kit

Licinius
14-07-2005, 13:43
I've just had Kit installed in Kingston-upon-Hull (we don't have NTL or Telewest).
I was hoping to buy extra boxes to branch off & have one in each room BUT, my receiver is the 'Pace DSL 4000'. This box does not have a removable card slot and the only signal feed is a fast ethernet cable :Yikes:

Will I be able to run additional boxes off this unit?

Nemesis
14-07-2005, 13:47
I'm not sure if any of the members have experience of the system in Hull. Can you contact Customer Support ?

MovedGoalPosts
14-07-2005, 13:47
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

I don't have much knowledge of your particular area, which, as you say, has it's own small franchise.

If it's anything like ntl or Telewest, you may be allowed extra boxes, but these would need to be supplied via the cable supplier, and thus will incur you with extra costs.

You may find it easier to spread the decoded signal around the house by wireless or other customer side methods.

Interesting, looking at the Kingston Communications web site it is a TV system provided over phone line broadband. No doubt like "homechoice" are trying to do in parts of London.

Licinius
14-07-2005, 16:28
Thanks for the responses guys.

No doubt if I did approach Kit for extra boxes they'd want to charge me the earth so I'd rather suss the system myself if I could, even if it means buying a different box & doing some alterations. I've chipped a few ps2s over the yrs so the tech side of things is a not a problem.

The fact it enters my house via the ethernet cable however might just spoil my fun :(

Chris W
14-07-2005, 17:43
The theft of services from UK cable companies is illegal and hence not something that will be discussed on this forum.

Thread closed.