PDA

View Full Version : ASDL-what and why

andymt
14-07-2005, 07:56
Is asdl better then cable and if it is in what ways? Why do people choose cable?
For me i have no choice, as my bt line is on a dacs (digital access system) which basically means i only have half a telephone line, whilst the other half is with my neighbour, so any high speed connection is out of the question.
So, telewest was my only option.
But if people had a choice between asdl and cable, what would they choose? i would prob choose asdl, but NOT because it is better, but because it is better advertised, i never knew about cable until i found about my bt line.

This thread is merely to discuss asdl in general, and how they squeeze broadband out of a tiny crappy bt line!

dilli-theclaw
14-07-2005, 08:05
Is asdl better then cable and if it is in what ways? Why do people choose cable?
For me i have no choice, as my bt line is on a dacs (digital access system) which basically means i only have half a telephone line, whilst the other half is with my neighbour, so any high speed connection is out of the question.
So, telewest was my only option.
But if people had a choice between asdl and cable, what would they choose? i would prob choose asdl, but NOT because it is better, but because it is better advertised, i never knew about cable until i found about my bt line.

This thread is merely to discuss asdl in general, and how they squeeze broadband out of a tiny crappy bt line!

An explanation of adsl :- http://www.adslguide.org.uk/guide/summary.asp

I have had both adsl and cable. I came back to cable as I found it much more reliable. Having said that, it's the same with both systems, some people will get on better with one while not with the other.

So I can't say one is better than the other, except to say that in my own PERSONAL experience adsl was pants.

Chris
14-07-2005, 10:42
Moved to the 'Other ISPs' forum. :)