PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma.........

coventrycityfan
13-07-2005, 19:09
In my local paper it has an advertisement saying that they require Models and TV/Film extras.
As a media student i was obviously thrilled by it looking for TV/Film extras, the interviews/open days for it are this weekend
But at the same time i'm nervous, there is no indication of what this TV show is.
Has anyone else been in this situation before and therefore should i also go for it?
i'm confused

Bex
13-07-2005, 19:11
In my local paper it has an advertisement saying that they require Models and TV/Film extras.
As a media student i was obviously thrilled by it looking for TV/Film extras, the interviews/open days for it are this weekend
But at the same time i'm nervous, there is no indication of what this TV show is.
Has anyone else been in this situation before and therefore should i also go for it?
i'm confused

i'd be sceptical, anyway you can research the company beforehand?
or maybe you could pop along to the open day and find out what its all about

Angua
13-07-2005, 19:14
Several girls where I used to work did film extra work (requirement was long hair as it was a period drama) and had loads of fun. I would suggest you go with some mates though.

coventrycityfan
13-07-2005, 19:14
that's my fear too, the advertisement gives no indication of the company but just states they are holding the open day this weekend for this at a local hotel near me

Bex
13-07-2005, 19:29
that's my fear too, the advertisement gives no indication of the company but just states they are holding the open day this weekend for this at a local hotel near me

head along.... you can always leave if you're not impressed.

as angua said though, take a friend... or go as a group, just in case

Caspar
13-07-2005, 19:34
Big companies are forever putting tiny little adverts in rags to attract their lists.

I say go for it :tu: :)

coventrycityfan
13-07-2005, 19:38
yeah i'm definitely going and don't worry my Dad has offered to take me this weekend

Graham
13-07-2005, 19:52

Go along if you feel like it, but if anyone asks for money to "register" or anything else *leave*!

No reputable company will charge you to sign up, so if they do, it's almost certainly going to be a scam.

Raistlin
13-07-2005, 19:55
Just make sure you have a good wash before hand, wear your best pants, and don't forget your toothbrush :)

Jules
13-07-2005, 20:49
Go for it if you don't like it when you get there then you can leave. Good luck :tu: