PDA

View Full Version : Cold

Jerrek
04-10-2003, 06:14
It ain't even Thanksgiving yet, and today was 42. Tomorrow is warmer, but only 48. And it is barely October.

Eh.

Xaccers
04-10-2003, 08:21
Ok, can you translate that into English please? :p

When's thanksgiving?
What's 48F in new money?

homealone
04-10-2003, 08:50

When's thanksgiving?
What's 48F in new money?

Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday in November - Nov 27th this year.

48°F is nearly 9°C (((48-32) x 9) ÃÃâ€*’· 5)):D

ntluser
04-10-2003, 08:50
It ain't even Thanksgiving yet, and today was 42. Tomorrow is warmer, but only 48. And it is barely October.

Eh.

I believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 27, 2003.

It's autumn (the fall) here in the UK and the weather here is very mixed.

At this time of the year the weather gets colder and damper. Fortunately, the Gulf stream keeps us a bit warmer than we should be for our latitude. We do get sunny days here but the air tends to be cold so looking out of the weather from the house it's easy to be deceived that it's a nicer day than it really is.

We will probably get a cold, damp autumn and winter but I suspect in Canada, being further north, you will get snow and ice.

Plenty of opportunity to skate, ride toboggans (or sled) or play ice hockey. And toss the occasional snowball.

So it's not all bad news!!

bopdude
04-10-2003, 08:51
What's 48F in new money?

48 F is 9 C converted here (http://www.albireo.ch/temperatureconverter/)

Xaccers
04-10-2003, 09:26
We will probably get a cold, damp autumn and winter but I suspect in Canada, being further north, you will get snow and ice.

Plenty of opportunity to skate, ride toboggans (or sled) or play ice hockey. And toss the occasional snowball.

Don't forget to have your sprinkler system blown!

Jerrek
04-10-2003, 18:08
Thanksgiving in Canada is the second Monday in October. Thanksgiving is celebrated after the harvest to give thanks to God, and the harvest ends earlier in Canada because the winter comes earlier.

Thanksgiving in the United States is the last Thursday in November. :)

48 F = 9 C

40 F = 4 C

Now that it is morning it is rather cold. It is 1pm and only 6 degrees Celsius, with ice rain.

Ramrod
04-10-2003, 18:34
here (http://www.albireo.ch/temperatureconverter/)
Cool site bop!

Ramrod
04-10-2003, 18:35
Thanksgiving in Canada is the second Monday in October. Thanksgiving is celebrated after the harvest to give thanks to God, and the harvest ends earlier in Canada because the winter comes earlier.

Thanksgiving in the United States is the last Thursday in November. :)

48 F = 9 C

40 F = 4 C

Now that it is morning it is rather cold. It is 1pm and only 6 degrees Celsius, with ice rain.
Should have emigrated to a warmer country m8!
....btw....did I translate your Afrikaans correctly in that other thread?

Jerrek
04-10-2003, 18:50
Nah, I love the cold. If it wasn't raining I'd still be wearing sandals and shorts.

Chris
04-10-2003, 20:14
I believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 27, 2003.

It's autumn (the fall) here in the UK and the weather here is very mixed.

At this time of the year the weather gets colder and damper. Fortunately, the Gulf stream keeps us a bit warmer than we should be for our latitude. We do get sunny days here but the air tends to be cold so looking out of the weather from the house it's easy to be deceived that it's a nicer day than it really is.

Nicely put ... you're not on TV by any chance? Any loud check blazers in your wardrobe, tendency not to recognise hurricanes ... ;)

ntluser
04-10-2003, 20:54
Nicely put ... you're not on TV by any chance? Any loud check blazers in your wardrobe, tendency not to recognise hurricanes ... ;)

No. Anybody dressed like that would look a little fishy to me!! ;)

zoombini
04-10-2003, 21:18
Hailstones in Manchester today...

Cant you tell were heading towards Winter again..

basa
05-10-2003, 11:00
Well frosty here this morning in Manchester !!

Feel for me.......just less than a week ago I was in Laughlin, Nevada where the temp was 109F = 43C !!!

Mark W
05-10-2003, 11:12
flipping frosty here in swansea at 7 this morning as i made my weary way to work :(

etccarmageddon
05-10-2003, 11:26
Well frosty here this morning in Manchester !!

Feel for me.......just less than a week ago I was in Laughlin, Nevada where the temp was 109F = 43C !!!

I was in Vegas and the temp was similar.