PDA

View Full Version : 192 IP address problem, seeking advice

crowboy
12-07-2005, 18:31
Hi all. The ready light went out on my NTL cable modem (Ambit 200), and occasionally kept flashing for the first few seconds after I powered the modem off, removed all the cables and rebooted it, then the RDY went out completely. And in this occasion I could only obtain 192.168 IP address with no DNS. The sync light is fine. Never got 169.xxx IP so I guess it is not my laptopââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s issue. This problem has been happening since about half a month ago, and Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve also checked the status of my SACM. Here are the statistics:

Downstream Status

Downstream Lock : Locked

Downstream Frequency : 402750000 Hz

Downstream Modulation : QAM64

Downstream Interleave Depth : 32

Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.3 dBmV

Downstream SNR : 33.8 dB

Upstream Status

Upstream Channel ID : 3

Upstream Transmit Power Level : 50.0 dBmV

Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec

Upstream Frequency : 28800000 Hz

Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Some event logs show as following:

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

And here are some details about my laptop: windows xp+sp2, no firewall running, no router in use.

Could anyone here give some ideas?

Many thanks.

MovedGoalPosts
12-07-2005, 18:38
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

Are you connecting using ethernet or USB?. Ethernet is more reliable. Either way check that the drivers are current and loding properly.

It's woth giving CS broadband fault a call. They can often do diagnostics and troubleshooting remotely that may establish if the modem is working properly.

Chris W
13-07-2005, 17:27
is the ip address either 192.168.100.10 or 192.168.100.3 ?

if so, it means that the pc is not leasing a public ip address from ntl's network for some reason... it could be an ip shortage in your area, or a problem with the cable modem, but either way you will need to get in contact with tech support.

If the ip address is anything else, post back with what it is, and what the default gateway is. If it starts 192 it is safe to post the full ip in public because it is a private address anyway :)