PDA

View Full Version : Problem to use the BY CD in no-English OS

szwlhhzcdw
09-07-2005, 12:08
Does any one have experience using the Blueyonder Installer CD in a no-English environment?

If you are using the BY CD in an English OS, it will jump to installation screen automatically. While if you are using it in a no-English environment (in my case, Chinese), it will say †œBlueyonder installer can use different languages to display, please select one language you preferÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â, sound very helpful. However, it does not provide any language in the screen for you to select, the only thing you can click in that screen is †œcancelà€Â  which quit the whole installation process.

I have tested the CD in several different computers, it works fine in English OS, but always get the same problem in Chinese OS, neither Windows2000 nor Windows XP.

Telewest is not very helpful in this problem, every time I talked to them, they just sent me a new BY CD.

Any ideas to by pass the language selection screen and jump to installation screen directly?

Thanks for your help.

Graham M
09-07-2005, 13:25
What does the installation involve? How are you connecting to the modem?

szwlhhzcdw
09-07-2005, 16:27
That the Blueyonder installer CD, the one you received when you open a Telewest broadband account. It contain all the software you need to install the Broadband cable modem and other support software.
If you insert this CD in an English OS, it will go to the welcome page "Welcome to blueyonder instatller. ......".
If you insert this CD in a no-English OS, it wil go to select "ChooseDisplayLanguage" page. Following the process in the workflowengine.xml file, I found it stop working after loading file 1356.xml, and new language option available.
Do you need any further information?

Thanks

gkhewitt
09-07-2005, 18:14
You shouldn't need to use the CD to install anything.

You can just plug the modem into your computer, restart, and it should work.

What modem do you have, and are you using ethernet or USB?

JohnHorb
09-07-2005, 18:16
:welcome: If TW is the same as NTL, you will only need the CD if connecting via USB.

andymt
09-07-2005, 19:11
yeah- i have TW and i had probs with cd, it didn't even load on my pc.

if using ethernet, just connect modem, reboot and yr off.
all cd has on it is usb drivers and some BY software but its all rubbish.
ya can get all u need including software from the BY selfcare website-
www.blueyonder.co.uk/selfcare (http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/selfcare) I think!

God luck

whoopi
09-07-2005, 23:04
I had the same problem with French OS environment..... and I have installed everything without the help of the CDs and all is working properly as said by previous answers.
Hope it will help !

szwlhhzcdw
17-07-2005, 21:03
It did help. The problem has been solved now!!:)
Thanks for all your helps