PDA

View Full Version : In need of help with my Citroen Saxo!

catherine18
07-07-2005, 15:03
hey there ive just recently bought a citroen saxo and i think ive broke the locks!!
i use the immobiliser key to lock and unlock both driver and passenger doors from the driver door. only when i used the key in the passenger door it wont unlock the door and will only open from the inside.
Now when i try to lock both doors from the driver door it wont lock the passenger door.
Can any tell what the problem could be???
thanks cath x x :confused:

Chris
07-07-2005, 15:06
Moved to the lifestyle forum and ALL CAPS TITLE edited.

:welcome: to Cable Forum by the way!

basa
07-07-2005, 15:17
hey there ive just recently bought a citroen saxo and i think ive broke the locks!!
i use the immobiliser key to lock and unlock both driver and passenger doors from the driver door. only when i used the key in the passenger door it wont unlock the door and will only open from the inside.
Now when i try to lock both doors from the driver door it wont lock the passenger door.

Have you tried re-locking the passenger door with the key whilst the rest are locked also.

You should then be able to un-lock and lock all doors as normal using the immobiliser key.

catherine18
07-07-2005, 15:20
yea ive tried that!!
also if i unlock the passenger door wiv the key it just wont open.think ive done something to the electrics.
it only happened the minute i tried unlocking the passenger door.

paulyoung666
07-07-2005, 15:22
any fuses blown :shrug:

catherine18
07-07-2005, 15:24
nah only got it from the garage yesterday where it had an MOT!!
dont no what to try?

paulyoung666
07-07-2005, 15:28
so that is there isnt any blown , or because it had its mot there isnt any blown , have you checked :)

Tuftus
07-07-2005, 15:50
Hi and welcome...

If you dont get an answer here, this forum -

http://www.andyspares.com/discussionforum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

Has an active Citroen forum with loads of info...

Hope this helps.

catherine18
07-07-2005, 15:57
there shouldnt be anything blown because its just had the mot.
i dont know what it could be.
could it be the door pins and they moved so that the door isnt shutting properly and so isnt connecting and wont lock through the driver door using the key?

Jules
07-07-2005, 16:51
Fuses can blow at any time moted or not :) A mot says the car is safe to be on the road but it does not tell you if it is mechanically sound or not. I would do what Pauls says and check them :)

budwieser
07-07-2005, 22:55

Passenger door central locking solenoid or the Interior Lock Button sticking.
Trust Me!:)

Tuftus
07-07-2005, 22:59
Passenger door central locking solenoid or the Interior Lock Button sticking.
Trust Me!:)

Trust me?

You sound like a fellow Citroen owner....

:)

budwieser
07-07-2005, 23:14
Trust me?

You sound like a fellow Citroen owner....

:)
No, I work in a Bodyshop!:)

Lord Nikon
07-07-2005, 23:16
I can tell you how to clear the service indicator on it... but the answer to the central locking problem is most probably a failed motor...

To clear the service indicator, turn the ignition off, press and hold the button to the left of the clock, turn the ignition on, continue holding the button for 10 seconds until the display reads '0' and the spanner goes out.

Turn the ignition off again, congrats, you just cleared the service indicator.

budwieser
07-07-2005, 23:19
I can tell you how to clear the service indicator on it... but the answer to the central locking problem is most probably a failed motor...

To clear the service indicator, turn the ignition off, press and hold the button to the left of the clock, turn the ignition on, continue holding the button for 10 seconds until the display reads '0' and the spanner goes out.

Turn the ignition off again, congrats, you just cleared the service indicator.

Good bit of info there Mate!:)

Lord Nikon
07-07-2005, 23:24
I have that info for most makes / models / years :D