PDA

View Full Version : NTL Hell

Steve H
02-10-2003, 21:57
Well, After 2 years of NTL the times come to rid myself of it.

Why? Well, a number of reasons - The Base Back Price increases a while back(Both DTV & BB), The sluggish behaviour of my Connection the past couple of monthes and the complete disrespect of CS the past few weeks.

After ringing them to ask them to sort out my intermittent connection, and having to listen to them asking me to reboot my box , Nothing happpend. I insisted that it was the box, With having it nearly 2 years , I guessed it needed replacing. No way, Defiently not was pretty much the reply.

ANYWAY, I rang up to cancel, annoyed with them, and the cheeky so and so said he'd ring me back (!), And didnt (!?)

So, Rang em back this afternoon (After not being able to get on until 8.30pm, Just in time for my XBOX match), and cancelled. The guy almost seemed pleased to get rid of a customer paying nearly £90-100 a month.

Nice one NTL :drunk:

ic14
02-10-2003, 22:05
Well, you join the non-ntl using formers like me Steve!

So who you going with >?

Steve H
02-10-2003, 22:53
Pipex by the looks of things..(As you know;)) They offer pretty reputable prices.. and a few friends have it, and have no complaints.

ic14
02-10-2003, 23:15
Well just remember to get a adsl modem/router and not a cheapo usb modem, and you be fine ;)

Steve H
03-10-2003, 16:18
Will be doing :)

How much are ADSL Routers?.. Cos I'd need one for Live.. Got any Links? :)

ic14
03-10-2003, 16:36
well, ill find some links in a mo, but i use a Zoom X4 router from PC World (boo! lol)
Its now £79, and everything has worked perfectly with it, but the only bad thing about it is theres only 1 Ethernet port, so youll need a hub.

Undisputedtruth
03-10-2003, 18:55
Will be doing :)

How much are ADSL Routers?.. Cos I'd need one for Live.. Got any Links? :)

You can get D-Link 300G+ modem for about £63 from www.ebuyer.com . You may wish to contact www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk and speak to Giles. A man committed to excellent customer services and superb advice. Though the price is a bit more the technical support is howver first class. No disrespect to ic14 but try avoid anything by PCWORLD, they are the equivalent of NTL.

ic14
03-10-2003, 19:01
No disrespect to ic14 but try avoid anything by PCWORLD, they are the equivalent of NTL.Well the dlink is sold there too ;)

Steve H
03-10-2003, 22:54
You can get D-Link 300G+ modem for about £63 from www.ebuyer.com . You may wish to contact www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk and speak to Giles. A man committed to excellent customer services and superb advice. Though the price is a bit more the technical support is howver first class. No disrespect to ic14 but try avoid anything by PCWORLD, they are the equivalent of NTL.

Cheers all, will be taking a look :)

Steve H
04-10-2003, 09:06
So can we all welcome Steve_ADSL in the future then?

oer, never thought of that :dunce:

ic14
04-10-2003, 12:39
I saw a dlink adsl modem/ wireless router today in pc world for £129.99 , could be good