PDA

View Full Version : Problem of intenet connection with Telewest Set Top Box

whoopi
04-07-2005, 21:00
Hi !

I'm a new customer of Telewest broadband services. The guy who installed me the cable provided me with a motorola modem SB4200 and the set top box EXPLORER 4200DVB (for TV). My internet connection is running good with the motorola through the RJ45 plug. But i noticed behind the set top box a RJ45 plug and tried to get access by this way and it's never running. I will try to install a Wifi router but I would prefer to use the set top box rather than motorola ( I don't want to have several boxes accross the flat).
Any Ideas ?
Thanks

MalcUK2005
04-07-2005, 22:15
You will need to contact Telewest sales and advise them that you wish to change to a self install package. Basically the motorola and the setop box run off different services on the telewest system so you will need to get the service code changed to self install.

whoopi
05-07-2005, 12:22
Ok ! Thanks for the information provided.

So, is there any advantage to use Motorola surfmodem compare to the Set Top Box ?
If both modem capabilities are similar, I would rather install my Wifi router on the Set Top box.

Regards,
Richard.

MalcUK2005
05-07-2005, 12:27
I beleif the setop boxes are only capable of speeds of 1mb the Motorola boxes are capable of speeds much higher then what Telewest offers at the moment.