PDA

View Full Version : Film Four Weekly Free to view

Graham F
02-10-2003, 12:56
As the title suggests Film Four Weekly will apparantly be free to view from 5am Friday 3rd October to 5am Monday 6th October.

Goes to see which films are on http://www.channel4.com/film/ffchannel/index.html :D

Martin
02-10-2003, 23:17
Glad I saw this thread now:) Thanks for the info.

harmonyinfo
03-10-2003, 10:57
Glad I saw this thread now:) Thanks for the info.

Although Film Four Weekly doesn't have much on at the weekend, so not quite so attractive ... has only these two films repeated on Friday, Saturday, Sunday according to the NTL tv guide:

20:00 The Madness of King George
Acclaimed drama starring Nigel Hawthorne and Helen Mirren, 1994. Big-screen version of Alan Bennett's play about King George III's apparent descent into insanity.
22:00 Memento
Complex thriller starring Guy Pearce and Carrie-Anne Moss, 2000. A man's search for his wife's brutal killer is hindered by his loss of short-term memory.

Maggy
03-10-2003, 13:22
Although Film Four Weekly doesn't have much on at the weekend, so not quite so attractive ... has only these two films repeated on Friday, Saturday, Sunday according to the NTL tv guide:

20:00 The Madness of King George
Acclaimed drama starring Nigel Hawthorne and Helen Mirren, 1994. Big-screen version of Alan Bennett's play about King George III's apparent descent into insanity.
22:00 Memento
Complex thriller starring Guy Pearce and Carrie-Anne Moss, 2000. A man's search for his wife's brutal killer is hindered by his loss of short-term memory.

Both are excellent films!

Incog. :)

MovedGoalPosts
06-10-2003, 09:34
So why when it was supposed to be free to view for the whole weekend, and the announcer stated just before the 12:10AM showing of Making Waves (or some similar title - it had something to do with waves anyway) that it was part of the free to view weekend did my Film Four channel then get blanked by ntl when every other TV channel was still working?

Despicable ntl - get your act together if film four want to transmit for free to entice customers to subscribe (which would then surely benefit ntl too if customers do sign up), what right have you got to cut it off, or at least if you were going to cut it off, you could have changed the program menu, so I wouldn't have been left hangin around.

Ramrod
06-10-2003, 20:14
As the title suggests Film Four Weekly will apparantly be free to view from 5am Friday 3rd October to 5am Monday 6th October.

Goes to see which films are on http://www.channel4.com/film/ffchannel/index.html :DGreat! I just read this now. Doh! :dunce: