PDA

View Full Version : Yay !!! Uni is over !!!

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 00:48
Right, well I was wondering wether to make myself a new thread or not and then I said to myself, its only once so why not.
I've just finished Uni and finally got my result after a lot of waiting around for the computer network to work again.

I passed !!! I've now got my BA Hons in Multimedia Design.
I'm really happy as I have had a busy year and lots of things have happened that meant uni work was the last thing on my mind.... but I am really happy as its done and I passed so that is what is important.

I ended up with a 2-2 and was only 3 marks off a 2-1.
Its really annoying as I really wanted a 2-1 but I guess thats life and I'm happy, so thats the main thing.
I'm intending on going and celebrating this weekend, planning a BBQ, and then next week I have a radio show Im helping out on so thats going to be good fun.

Well, Im in a good mood. I feel like just chilling out for a few weeks now and am going to start looking for jobs later in the month.

Thanks to all you people on the forum for keeping me sane, or insane, dont know which one, but this place is great.
I've met some great people on here.

Oh and good luck to everyone else awaiting results at the moment.

Tim. (Halcyon)

punky
01-07-2005, 00:50
Congrats mate. Best of luck with the future.

danielf
01-07-2005, 00:51
Well done, and good luck on the job hunting. But first, enjoy that break...

Strzelecki
01-07-2005, 00:53
Well done! I got my results at the beginning of June, also got a 2:2. Dual Hons BSc in Computer Science and Geology. Been doing a little bit of relaxing myself, always the nagging though that the longer I sit aroung the less likely I'll get a job, let alone one I'll be happy with though! Got my graduation ceremony on Tuesday, not looking foward to it!

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 00:58
Thanks Punky, danielF, and Strezelecki.

I too have my graduation cermony coming up in 12 days time. Its going to be fun wearing the whole costume, cape and all that.
A friend told me I must not throw the hat like they do in the movies though lol.

Knowing my luck, it will probably chuck it down with rain on the day.
Will be good fun thats for sure.

Another good feeeling is that I can stop handing over money. My Uni isnt getting another penny off me now. They've had way too much already.

allieyoung666
01-07-2005, 07:34
Congrats hally, make sure you make wise choices and that you put that degree to good use!!!

dilli-theclaw
01-07-2005, 09:19
Congratulations indeedy :)

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 10:40
Thanks Allie and Dilli.
I sure aim to put it to good use and hopefully get started in a job soon. (once I've taken time to have a few weeks to have some fun)

Right, I'm off to town.....Time for a little spending spreee.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Nugget
01-07-2005, 10:58
Congratulations matey!

It'a been a while since I finished at college, but I remember that it's a good feeling!

Enjoy the break, and then get yourself geared up for the job hunt - it's all downhill from here ;) :D :p:

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 11:09
Ah Thanks Nugget..... downhill you say..... ah well Im looking forward to it then. Already started the job hunt but with this hot weather and the chance to go on holiday for a few weeks, its hard to keep job hunting over choosing to relax.

Going to have to start looking soon though as I need to get some money in.

Thanks again.

homealone
01-07-2005, 11:16
Yup, all the best, Ian - you always sound positive & cheerful, now you have the qualification to complement the attitude - best wishes for finding a fulfilling career :tu:

andyl
01-07-2005, 11:33
Congrats from me too. That feeling of passing is wonderful. For years after I graduated I still had dreams about my exams and, of course, failing them. Cold sweats and all that.

I also remember celebrating passing by immediately getting blindly drunk and copping with someone I'd fancied for ages. Days don't come much more perfect than that :) . Hope your celebrations are equally joyous mate. :)

Nugget
01-07-2005, 11:34
<snip>I also remember celebrating passing by immediately getting blindly drunk and copping with someone I'd fancied for ages. Days don't come much more perfect than that :) . Hope your celebrations are equally joyous mate. :)

Well. going on the blind drunk part of that, I've been celebrating for the last 9 years :D

andyl
01-07-2005, 11:37
Well. going on the blind drunk part of that, I've been celebrating for the last 9 years :D

Well I need a drink to cope with the revelation you've received any kind of education :D

Here we go, yet another appearance on the Reported Posts thread ;)

Nugget
01-07-2005, 11:44
Well I need a drink to cope with the revelation you've received any kind of education :D

Here we go, yet another appearance on the Reported Posts thread ;)

I didn't say I was educated, just that I went to college :p:

andyl
01-07-2005, 11:54
I didn't say I was educated, just that I went to college :p:

Well someone's clearly taught you to be a smarty arse :D

Nugget
01-07-2005, 11:57
Well someone's clearly taught you to be a smarty arse :D

2 years of college education, obviously :PP:

andyl
01-07-2005, 12:01
2 years of college education, obviously :PP:

I think we should return to congratulating young Mr Halcyon before this turns into an insult-fest (ya big Jessie. :) ). Halcyon, we salute you and return this thread to its rightful place in honouring your achievement and wishing that your post-grad celebrations are suitably joyous.

Nugget
01-07-2005, 12:08
Exactly what he said ^^

Another congrats from sunny Scunny :)

Chris
01-07-2005, 12:17
Well done Halcyon. All the best students graduate with a Desmond (Tutu :D ). It proves you maintained a healthy balance between work and fun. And, er ..... I got one, once upon a time. :beer:

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 18:20
Thanks, andyl, Gaz, Chris, Nugget and everyone else I've forgotten.
Its great to be able to talk to all you good people.
lol @ tutu.

Just spent today putting up my home network and its all working great so thats good.
Now time for a few drinks I think..... shame you are all miles away. I'l have to make sure I make it to the next meet for a big drink with everyone.
See you all later.

nffc
01-07-2005, 18:32
Well done mate... :)

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 23:12
Thankyou . :) Just had a briliant few drinks however saving myself for the weekend now, and a party next week.

nffc
01-07-2005, 23:18
Enjoy it while you can... :) :woot:

Ramrod
01-07-2005, 23:20
Enjoy it while you can... :) :woot:...........'cos the world of real work is fast approaching :D

Halcyon
01-07-2005, 23:59
LOL
Yep I know the 9 till 5 working hours are going to replace the students "lye in" schedule and days off pretty soon unfortunately.
But there is money and money is good, and Halcyon needs money so I'm looking forward to looking for jobs.
As for enjoying working, ask me again some time next year once I am settled in. (I hope).

shredder
02-07-2005, 02:05
i did it! i got myself on a graduate scheme today! so i'm off to ntl to hand my notice in tomorrow! the interview went gret and i'm soooo happy..can't wait for the exit interview!

Right, well I was wondering wether to make myself a new thread or not and then I said to myself, its only once so why not.
I've just finished Uni and finally got my result after a lot of waiting around for the computer network to work again.

I passed !!! I've now got my BA Hons in Multimedia Design.
I'm really happy as I have had a busy year and lots of things have happened that meant uni work was the last thing on my mind.... but I am really happy as its done and I passed so that is what is important.

I ended up with a 2-2 and was only 3 marks off a 2-1.
Its really annoying as I really wanted a 2-1 but I guess thats life and I'm happy, so thats the main thing.
I'm intending on going and celebrating this weekend, planning a BBQ, and then next week I have a radio show Im helping out on so thats going to be good fun.

Well, Im in a good mood. I feel like just chilling out for a few weeks now and am going to start looking for jobs later in the month.

Thanks to all you people on the forum for keeping me sane, or insane, dont know which one, but this place is great.
I've met some great people on here.

Oh and good luck to everyone else awaiting results at the moment.

Tim. (Halcyon)

congratulations!... and doesn't it feel fab?!

Halcyon
02-07-2005, 12:48
Yeah it does feel good to have it out the way now.
Congratulations to you too Shredder on getting on to the scheme.
I wish you all the best.

Gareth
02-07-2005, 14:52
Congrats to all... it does feel great to know you didn't f*ck up, eh? ;) Oh, and as Chris said, all the best people get a Desmond :tu:

To be serious for a second... don't delay in the job hunting, it really does make a difference. The best employers look for people to be looking straight away after graduating, and if you're applying for a job in 6 months time, they'll ask why you've not already found one. I started my first job in the September following graduation. I felt I'd had enough of a break, and it was time to start 'growing up' for real. If you do go for a break, I'd recommend making it a year-long break instead of being lazy for months, and then doing something like volunteer work, yada yada yada, as this won't look bad for you when you start the 'proper' job searching and will give you something to talk about in interviews.

Oh, and now you're no longer a student, and have to get up at 7am to go to work 5 days a week, you'll suddenly realise how much you really hate students, and that stealing traffic cones or for-sale signs ain't funny after all, and that some people do object to being woken up at 2am, etc... :D

Halcyon
02-07-2005, 22:57
Thanks for the info about finding jobs and having to look now.
I'm on to it. Just deciding on what I really want to do and splashing up my C.V. and seeing whats available out there.
Definately want to be earning some money soon.

I like a change so its going to be good to change from the student world to the working world.

Gareth
04-07-2005, 01:59
I like a change so its going to be good to change from the student world to the working world.Bwahahaha, I'll show you this post in 12 months' time, and we'll see if you still agree :D

Halcyon
04-07-2005, 09:09
LOL
OK maybe, we'l see.