PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari not fast enough

Paul K
30-06-2005, 18:15
Ananova (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1444272.html)

A businessman who bought a brand new Ferrari is demanding his money back because it only goes 175mph.
Berlin businessman Joerg Winterberg, 60, is unhappy his £111,00 0 Ferrari Challenge Stradale didn't reach the advertised 186mph.
He said: "I could have bought a Porsche for far less and still had the same performance. I want my money back.
"The prospectus promised the car could reach 186 mph, but in reality it can only go up to 175 mph."
Ferrari have denied there is anything wrong with the car and have refused to give the businessman his money back.
He is now taking the company to court after an independent expert also found the sports car could not go at the speeds promised.
:rolleyes:

paulyoung666
30-06-2005, 18:17
dunno , seems reasonable , ppl kick up a stink when there broadband isnt as fast as it should be ;) :shrug: :D :D :D

Angua
30-06-2005, 18:18
Should have bought an Aston Martin.

Raistlin
30-06-2005, 18:18
Perhaps there's a cap on how many miles you can do at a certain speed.....

punky
30-06-2005, 18:25
Fair play to him, he's paid a lot of money, so he should be able to get a product as advertised. Just because he's rich doesn't mean he should get screwed over.

Don't forget he is in Germany, where there are (but only a few) unrestricted autobahns, where he can travel at 185mph should conditions allow.

He might have to be careful. A lot of manufacturers give estimated performance figures - this is sometimes lost through chinese whispers. I don't think he'll win though. You can have 3 identical cars built at the same time, but all 3 will have a different top speed. How the engine is run in plays a big part. Also atmospheric conditions quite heavily dictate a car's performance, as does the altitude.

ikthius
30-06-2005, 18:40
Fair play to him, he's paid a lot of money, so he should be able to get a product as advertised. Just because he's rich doesn't mean he should get screwed over.

Don't forget he is Germany, where there are (but only a few) unrestricted autobahns, where he can travel at 185mph should conditions allow.

He might have to be careful. A lot of manufacturers give estimated performance figures - this is sometimes lost through chinese whispers. I don't think he'll win though. You can have 3 identical cars built at the same time, but all 3 will have a different top speed. How the engine is run in plays a big part. Also atmospheric conditions quite heavily dictate a car's performance, as does the altitude.

he is a whole country????????????? :D

ik

Kliro
30-06-2005, 18:43
he is a whole country????????????? :D

ik

No wonder he isn't going fast, he's gotta be heavy if hes that big!

AndrewJ
30-06-2005, 18:45
If he does not want that Ferrari I shall sell him something in exchange which does what it says on the tin.

A A4 piece of paper. Suitable for a variety of tasks and in nice white unmarked condition.

andygrif
30-06-2005, 23:07
Is it just me that finds the concept of an OAP doing 186mph more than a little scary?

paulyoung666
30-06-2005, 23:21
Is it just me that finds the concept of an OAP doing 186mph more than a little scary?

nah its just you ;) :D :D :D

AndrewJ
30-06-2005, 23:30
Guy up road from me has Dyalisis 3 times a week, walk with a zimmer frame, and drives a Ford Focus RS :erm:

Tuftus
01-07-2005, 00:01
Guy up road from me has Dyalisis 3 times a week, walk with a zimmer frame, and drives a Ford Focus RS :erm:

This just reinforces what 'they' say about Ford Focarse drivers... :D

punky
01-07-2005, 00:20

That kind of thing has always puzzled me. They can't walk unaided, but they have sufficient physical dexsterity to drive? Doesn't make any sense. If you leg fails when walking, you fall over. If your leg fails when driving, you can kill people.

danielf
01-07-2005, 00:28
That kind of thing has always puzzled me. They can't walk unaided, but they have sufficient physical dexsterity to drive? Doesn't make any sense. If you leg fails when walking, you fall over. If your leg fails when driving, you can kill people.

I would think there is a difference between using your legs to stand upright and hold your body weight and sitting in a seat and using your ankles to move the tip of your foot up and down.