PDA

View Full Version : Get it all off your chest

Chris
30-09-2003, 18:32
Me and the missus have both been collapsed on the sofa all day after catching the stomach infection our son has had since last Friday. But as he is only a year old, and is feeling much better, we haven't been able to get any rest. And that after running a relay race to the bathroom all last night. Yuk. My insides have been completely wrung out and I have a crashing headache. We have no family within 250 miles so we're on our own...

Sorry to unload all that here but I needed to get it off my chest. I thought we might make this thread a virtual trash can for every horrible thing that's happened to nthw members lately. So, post your woes, and then we can drown them in a virtual pint - the real kind would make me hurl just now.

:beer:

downquark1
30-09-2003, 18:38
I was stung by a wasp yesterday, first time ever, a day before my birthday no less.

It wasn't too bad, it was on the side of my foot, so nothing major.

Mark W
30-09-2003, 18:54
A very well loved member of Tech Support died suddenly last thurs/fri.

What makes it all the more painful is that despite his popularity and friends he died alone at home, and was not discovered until yesterday.
I try not to be morbidly reflective, but that old adage applies about making each day count, as you never know just how many you have left......

As an aside, be patient if it takes even longer to get through to tech support on thursday but its his funeral, and a large chunk of tech support will be going.

Huw, our thoughts and memories are with you and your family :(

Defiant
30-09-2003, 19:00
YEESSS HE'S GONE AT LAST CJ's REALLY GONE. YIPEEEEEE HAHA HE'S REALLY GONE.

R thats better thanks :drunk:

Mark W
30-09-2003, 21:40
A work related rant :-

Im answering emails sent in to tech support at the mo.

Ive just had this :-

to: cablemodemhelp@ntlworld.com

Subject:
My broadband does not work. Call me back and fix it or ill go to BT.

:grind: :afire:

I didnt realise being telepathic was a requirement for tech support - no name, account or telephone number! i wouldnt mind, but thats the 4th ive had today :rolleyes:

Caspar
30-09-2003, 22:01
Yeah Mark I hear that one!!! :D

I had someone, a customer, phone me and simply told me he is having a problem with his product... and needs it fixed before he comes out of a meeting in 2 hours.

At least I knew who it was ..but not what the problem was!

...I was dying leave a message asking him whether his PC was turned ON or not! :p

Bex
01-10-2003, 14:21
hey towny.....i've also had a stomach bug (which is better now) but i;ve got a stinking cold which i am hoping to shake before saturday.................

as for rants, my pc went dpwn yesterday...so after a job interview (which i think went fairly well) dad and i tried every pc in the house (We have about 5) and finally almost got one back on the BB, but there was a small problem.....phoned tech support, who were useless...........(sorry guys normally think ur great) so was up unitl 3am this morning sorting the pc out......got up today and managed to sort the problem myself.......so im tired and in a badddddd mood

Nemesis
01-10-2003, 14:30
I hate my Job. nuff said