PDA

View Full Version : Wages in bank

Angelus
24-06-2005, 02:45
What time do wages normally reach banks?

Its a halifax bank. We are worried its gone into the wrong account again
dispite my gf telling her employers of 6 weeks ago

Marge
24-06-2005, 02:50
Mine sometimes go in 2am - 3am on the day it's due

Angelus
24-06-2005, 02:51
If they dont go in the right bank dispite us giving 6 weeks notice do we stand anywhere as we will be without a months wages

Keytops
24-06-2005, 03:29
Skint?

Angelus
24-06-2005, 03:30
Skint?

what a constructive post to help me

Obviously i am. Just got back off holiday so yeah i am

Nikko
24-06-2005, 04:36
I have found that leaving £30-50,000 floating in your current account prevents any potentially embarrasing moments with your Bank.

I used to hate the petty arguments over the odd 20 grand overdraft, so I shoved 50 grand in and have no further probs.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 04:38
I am sure your head is big now

However i am still broke :(

Nikko
24-06-2005, 04:42
I am sure your head is big now

However i am still broke :(

I could send you a cheque - but anything over a tenner would take weeks to clear.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 04:43
I am so glad you see this as a joke

Chrysalis
24-06-2005, 05:16
I have found that leaving £30-50,000 floating in your current account prevents any potentially embarrasing moments with your Bank.

I used to hate the petty arguments over the odd 20 grand overdraft, so I shoved 50 grand in and have no further probs.

I think most people would find 20 grand to be a bit more then petty, and havent got 30grand to just put in their accounts.

Normally when I get paid by bank account girocredit it is in on midnight the day I get paid, usually would be a friday, 2am or 3am sounds unusual as its a computer doing the work.

dilli-theclaw
24-06-2005, 08:05
My wages are paid into halifax. They clear around 2 - 3:15 am.

If it's not in by now I'd go into the bank and ask them what's going on just to confirm that it's not processing or anything like that.

The only other thing you can do is check your details again with the employer.

I have had this problem when I started at the place I used to work. The employer actually paid me cash for that week as I told them if they didn't they wouldn't see me at work the following week as I could afford to get to work or feed my family.

Neil
24-06-2005, 08:48
To all the people who made flippant/not relevant comments in this thread.....

1) I think you owe the OP an apology.

2) How would you feel if your wages went missing??

3) Is this how we treat people with problems?? (NO)

Angelus-I suggest you get your G/F to log a grievance as per her company's grievance procedure, & then seek advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Angua
24-06-2005, 08:53
Your gf should double check with her employers as to details and where the money is. If they have the details correctly and have sent the payment go back to Halifax and if still no luck try (or tell Halifax you will be contacting): - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Paul K
24-06-2005, 08:54
When the money hits your account and become accessible depends on your wages department and the bank itself. If the wages department send the transactions out late in the day it will delay the transactions being processed. Also if the bank takes it's time processing it can delay the money appearing in your account. I've had occassions when wages were supposed to be in the bank for Friday morning and they have been there by 00.01 Friday and there have also been times when I've had to wait till late Friday/ early Saturday morning :(
All you can do is ask for a copy of the bank details that the company are using and then contact the bank to see if and when the money hit the account. If they are causing you financial hardship and have screwed up your payment I would ask for a cash advance since they are breaching contract by not paying the wages.

paulyoung666
24-06-2005, 09:11
from experience it can be variable , i have been paid the day before i should have on occasion :erm: , if i were you i would be ringing your bank up and asking them if the funds have hit the account but are not showing up for some reason , and like neil said , grow up children i t aint a laughing matter ;)

Angelus
24-06-2005, 09:36
Thanks for all the positive replies

The wages are still not in the bank so she is ringing up her work at 9am to complain.

dilli-theclaw
24-06-2005, 09:37
Thanks for all the positive replies

The wages are still not in the bank so she is ringing up her work at 9am to complain.

Can she go in? - see if she can discuss it with the wages department directly.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 09:40
There not local.

Its just a shop where she works. He wages department is some where in the UK

dilli-theclaw
24-06-2005, 09:42
There not local.

Its just a shop where she works. He wages department is some where in the UK

Well I hope you get it all sorted - let us know how you get on.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 09:46
Well I hope you get it all sorted - let us know how you get on.

Thanks

We are just scared now the money has gone into our other account which is overdrawn but we already set up a plan to pay it off.

If it has then we are screwed really. We have no money for a whole month. And i can really see her company not helping at all

Bifta
24-06-2005, 09:47

Its a halifax bank. We are worried its gone into the wrong account again
dispite my gf telling her employers of 6 weeks ago

With HSBC (for example) it can go in at various times of the day, normally first thing in the morning 2 working day's after the BAC's payment has been made, but I've had it credited at around 2-3pm before. If they have paid it into the wrong account then your g/f will need to speak to them and they'll have to draught her a cheque, 3-5 working day's to clear but better than missing a whole months wages.

fireman328
24-06-2005, 09:49
I bank with Halifax and if here have been any problems (very few) I have called the bank on their 0800 number (on their website) and they have been resolved very quickly.
If you wish, you could go into the branch, explain the situation and ask for an advance until it is sorted. I would also contact the people paying the money in and ask when the funds were released.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 09:51
Now why cant the people of 2am be as nice as you lot.

Thanks

Jules
24-06-2005, 10:06
Difficult situation to be in I really hope you get it sorted out today

paulyoung666
24-06-2005, 10:08
if you have an agreement with your bank about sorting an account that is overdrawn , then i would be very surprised if they would not swap the funds over to the right account :)

Bifta
24-06-2005, 10:13
Now why cant the people of 2am be as nice as you lot.

Thanks

I've just spoken to someone who deals with BACS payments and you "might" be in a bit of bother, because it was paid into a valid account of yours I think your employer will expect you to sort it out, not the best news unfortunately.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 10:14
Even though 7 weeks ago we told the company of new detail we wanted the money paid into

Bifta
24-06-2005, 10:16
Even though 7 weeks ago we told the company of new detail we wanted the money paid into

I sympathise with you but I think the most you're going to get from your employer is an apology, if I were you I'd contact the bank and explain your situation to them and hope that they'll sort something out for you.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 10:18
Well if the company cant help out then my GF cant get to work.

So looks like we will be even worse

paulyoung666
24-06-2005, 10:22

as before , i reckon it is more a case of your bank helping you out :)

Bifta
24-06-2005, 10:22

Can you not check the other account first to see if the wages have been paid into that one? If not then you can harrass your employer, if they have then only the bank can help you (if they're willing to)

Jules
24-06-2005, 10:23
Bifta says in the post above the that the money has gone into another account of yours so you need to contact the bank

Angua
24-06-2005, 10:24
Do you still have access to the original account or has it been closed?

It may be worth checking to see of that's where the wages have gone?

Good luck & I do hope you get something sorted ot today.

If all else fails try your local CAB.

Roy MM
24-06-2005, 10:26
Feel sorry for you m8, but i'd go to the bank your overdrawn with and explain what you suspect has happened, and try and negotiate the release of some of the funds, explaining there is a family to feed and you are honouring paying your overdaft of has pre arranged.

HTH

Angelus
24-06-2005, 11:36
My gf employers said they lost the form so basically they did nothing about it and carried on paying her into the other account

Paul K
24-06-2005, 11:58
I get the feeling it may be too late for the company to do a BACS recall and since they have lost the account details for the new account they wouldn't be able to do much afterwards anyway. The only thing you can do now is talk to the account you are overdrawn with, getting the company wage department to contact them to tell them the money was paid into the account in error would be a good start. Make sure you leep the pressure on the wages department for this though as it is their mistake in the first place if they lost the details and failed to contact your partner.
edit:
I would push the wages department to do a BACS recall as they have made payment in error to the wrong account. Make sure they have the correct details for the new account as well and if they say it will take a week to complete I would demand an interim advance in cash from the shop she works at.

Angelus
24-06-2005, 12:20
I get the feeling it may be too late for the company to do a BACS recall and since they have lost the account details for the new account they wouldn't be able to do much afterwards anyway. The only thing you can do now is talk to the account you are overdrawn with, getting the company wage department to contact them to tell them the money was paid into the account in error would be a good start. Make sure you leep the pressure on the wages department for this though as it is their mistake in the first place if they lost the details and failed to contact your partner.
edit:
I would push the wages department to do a BACS recall as they have made payment in error to the wrong account. Make sure they have the correct details for the new account as well and if they say it will take a week to complete I would demand an interim advance in cash from the shop she works at.

For some reason the GF keeps putting off ringing the wages department. I give in she keeps saying i will ring them tommorrow.

EDIT: My gf has been lying the whole time about it. She never even changed her details she has been lying to me the whole time. She promised to pay my dad back the £100 she borrowed with her wages but obviously she cant.

I am so sorry for messing you all about. But this is not the first time she has lied to me. So i am getting rid of her.

I feel so upset now

MovedGoalPosts
24-06-2005, 12:26
For some reason the GF keeps putting off ringing the wages department. I give in she keeps saying i will ring them tommorrow.

EDIT: My gf has been lying the whole time about it. She never even changed her details she has been lying to me the whole time. She promised to pay my dad back the £100 she borrowed with her wages but obviously she cant.

I am so sorry for messing you all about. But this is not the first time she has lied to me. So i am getting rid of her.

I feel so upset now

That sucks. Looks like you can't trust her then. Welcome to singleton city, and you haven't even got the means to go out and drown your sorrows (not that would help in the long run :( .

orangebird
24-06-2005, 12:26

I feel so upset now

:erm: Blimey....

Roy MM
24-06-2005, 12:29

I feel so upset now

That's a real bummer Mark. :shocked:

Angelus
24-06-2005, 12:33
Thats me all over.

Get treated like **** in every relationship i am in

Jules
24-06-2005, 12:36
Oh dear that is not good does she have a reason for lieing to you?

Angelus
24-06-2005, 12:39
Thing is she goes out with her mates and i never get invited. She has took money out my wallet to lend her mom out of our holiday money and now this.

I have no idea why she lies.

All i know is i am hurting right now

Jules
24-06-2005, 12:41
Sorry to hear that Mark, not a lot else I can say :(

Tezcatlipoca
24-06-2005, 14:57

Agh, touchy subject with me today :mad:

I normally get paid on the final Friday of each month.

Which is today.

However, my MD foolishly forgot to pay anyone, as he thought payday was next Friday (which is actually 1st July not the end of June!) :rolleyes:

He's put it through today, but we now all have to wait three working days for it to clear :mad:

I feel so upset now

Ouch. Sorry to hear that :(

Chrysalis
24-06-2005, 17:26
ouch that sucks, but relationships are based on trust and I think you did the right thing.