PDA

View Full Version : Post office

Jules
23-06-2005, 21:13
I got a letter yesterday with a hospital appointment for the week before! Was this the NHS gone mad? Nope it was the post offices fault it had the right name, address and even had the right post code but they delivered it to a totaly different street!

Yes I am angry at the person that got it and didn't do any thing with it for nearly 3 weeks but if the post office hadn't put it through the wrong letter box it wouldn't have happened!

So thanks post office I missed an important appointment thanks to you! :mad:

Chris
23-06-2005, 21:16
At least you got it ... the useless chavs that run Hemel Hempstead sorting office frequently lost items of our mail altogether. :grind:

Jules
23-06-2005, 21:18
Oh yes that is a favorite for here as well! Strange they never seem to loose bills

Roy MM
23-06-2005, 21:18
I sympathise Jules, i got a urgent appointment letter 2 hours after i was due at the hossy. :(

Ramrod
23-06-2005, 21:19
Yep, as if it's not enough with the NHS screwing things up........

Jules
23-06-2005, 21:28
I sympathise Jules, i got a urgent appointment letter 2 hours after i was due at the hossy. :(

Damn Roy that is even more upsetting then mine :(

paulyoung666
23-06-2005, 22:13
an awful lot of temping is going on if this area is to go by , you can spot them , they usually have a RM jacket on over jeans :erm: , at least 6 times in the last few weeks i have come home to find the post hanging out of the letterbox :mad: , and as there is usually no one here during the day , it makes a right good purpose made invite to the local scrotes :shocked: , i have reported it to the local sorting office and all i get is , i will have a word , the next time it happens i am going down there personally :mad:

Paul K
23-06-2005, 22:19
I got a letter yesterday with a hospital appointment for the week before! Was this the NHS gone mad? Nope it was the post offices fault it had the right name, address and even had the right post code but they delivered it to a totaly different street!

Yes I am angry at the person that got it and didn't do any thing with it for nearly 3 weeks but if the post office hadn't put it through the wrong letter box it wouldn't have happened!

So thanks post office I missed an important appointment thanks to you! :mad:
*cough* Royal Mail not Post Office *cough*
They are useless though :( Our mail (when it arrives) arrives late in the afternoon most of the time, stinking of cigarettes.

Tuftus
23-06-2005, 22:21
Spare a thought for my mrs, the waiting list for the scan she needs is a year long...

:(

paulyoung666
23-06-2005, 22:29
Spare a thought for my mrs, the waiting list for the scan she needs is a year long...

:(

yes , you are right it is a shame , excuse me for saying this :angel: , this is about the royal mail , not the nhs , nothing personal you understand , maybe time for a thread about hospital waiting times :erm:

Paul
23-06-2005, 22:32
I often get letters for the same house/street, but in an area about 2 miles from me. They are always correctly addressed, with the other areas name and postcode, but still they come to me. I just re-post them - but even then the damn things still get redelivered back to me sometimes !!

Tuftus
23-06-2005, 22:46
yes , you are right it is a shame , excuse me for saying this :angel: , this is about the royal mail , not the nhs , nothing personal you understand , maybe time for a thread about hospital waiting times :erm:

No worries.

But I know what you all mean about the Royal Mail....

The amount of info packs that I send out that do not get there really hacks me off...

Ramrod
23-06-2005, 23:06
I know of one postman who can't read......don't ask, I never found out (but I did meet him) :disturbd:

greencreeper
23-06-2005, 23:07
I can sympathise whyme. All the streets around here look the same, and many end the same - View, Street, Lane, Avenue. I often get mail for the wrong View :dozey: Explains where my mail is going I guess. The best laugh is parcel delivery. No matter what time of the morning you phone to arrange re-delivery, no one answers - just an answer machine. And it seems no one listens to the messages - parcels are never re-delivered. Only choice is to go the sorting office and collect it :rolleyes:

Maggy
23-06-2005, 23:12
Well thankfully the post service round here is very good.Just didn't get one particular item from dilly the other month..otherwise it's ok.I have had more trouble with the other forms of mail delivery.Amtrak.. :mad: FedEx.. :mad: DHL.. :mad:

The royal Mail is saintly in comparison. :)

Oh and some other firm that Dixons does business with.Business Post I think it was...Took a week to get a parcel that I'd payed £13 to arrive on a certain day.Then it nearly didn't arrive until I phoned them to REMIND them to put it on the van a week later when I was actually home again to receive parcels. :rolleyes:

Chris
23-06-2005, 23:16
I really should add, for the sake of balance, that since we moved house our post has been brilliant. Our new postie is as superb as his counterparts in Hemel were pants. Of course, there's always something more personal about it when you live out in the sticks, but honestly, you should see just how badly addressed some of the stuff we get is ... and we do get it, not very much delayed either.

paulyoung666
23-06-2005, 23:19
I really should add, for the sake of balance, that since we moved house our post has been brilliant. Our new postie is as superb as his counterparts in Hemel were pants. Of course, there's always something more personal about it when you live out in the sticks, but honestly, you should see just how badly addressed some of the stuff we get is ... and we do get it, not very much delayed either.

and boy do i envy you :D , i just hope that we are going to be in a similar situation soon :tu: :D :D :D

greencreeper
23-06-2005, 23:25
Of course, there's always something more personal about it when you live out in the sticks, but honestly, you should see just how badly addressed some of the stuff we get is ... and we do get it, not very much delayed either.
Yes - "house ont ill wi new babi" and it'll get there. The joys of the country - one of everything (pub, postbox, shop) and everyone knows everyone and everything :D

homealone
24-06-2005, 00:02
Yes - "house ont ill wi new babi" and it'll get there. The joys of the country - one of everything (pub, postbox, shop) and everyone knows everyone and everything :D

I am scared that I know exactly what you mean, too, GC ...

danielf
24-06-2005, 00:29

Evereybody sing: Postman Gaz, Postman Gaz etc... :D

Marge
24-06-2005, 00:37

me too :erm: must be a northern thing ;)

bmxbandit
24-06-2005, 00:48
we recently had this:

:rant:

have heard nothing more about it since...

danielf
24-06-2005, 00:53
we recently had this:

:rant:

have heard nothing more about it since...

If you'd be kind enough to spray that document with a mist of water and iron it before scanning it, then perhaps I'd be able to read it :)

bmxbandit
24-06-2005, 00:57
If you'd be kind enough to spray that document with a mist of water and iron it before scanning it, then perhaps I'd be able to read it :)
heh, thats the state it came in... and i don't have a scanner, so camera had to do :p: