PDA

View Full Version : I am tempted

Angelus
23-06-2005, 18:30
Congratulations!

Based upon the results from the Availability Checker, it indicates that your line is able to receive a service with a maximum download stream of up to 2Mbps.

The product/service available at this speed is;

Demon HomeOffice 2000

HomeOffice 2000 is an unlimited high-speed broadband service packed with useful business features to support home workers and small businesses. This product is 40 times faster than dial-up, currently has no setup fee and provides you with a choice of a broadband modem (free), router or wireless router.

£24.99 per month inc VAT
FREE set up and modem

Key Features:

Speed 2Mbps downstream; 250kbps upstream
Unrestricted access with no usage limit
FREE Demon Spam Filtering
FREE Modem
Static IP address
Electronic fax

Nemesis
23-06-2005, 18:31
don't seem to see a question in there :shrug:

Angelus
23-06-2005, 18:33
I never asked one.

Just posting a good offer

Chris W
23-06-2005, 18:35
In the computers and IT section??

*awaits move to alternatives to ntl / telewest section*

Paul K
23-06-2005, 18:35
Congratulations!

Based upon the results from the Availability Checker, it indicates that your line is able to receive a service with a maximum download stream of up to 2Mbps.

The product/service available at this speed is;

Demon HomeOffice 2000

HomeOffice 2000 is an unlimited high-speed broadband service packed with useful business features to support home workers and small businesses. This product is 40 times faster than dial-up, currently has no setup fee and provides you with a choice of a broadband modem (free), router or wireless router.

£24.99 per month inc VAT
FREE set up and modem

Key Features:

Speed 2Mbps downstream; 250kbps upstream
Unrestricted access with no usage limit
FREE Demon Spam Filtering
FREE Modem
Static IP address
Electronic fax
Might want to check how far you are from your nearest exchange as that would seriously impact the speed. Also it's a 50:1 contention so up to 49 other people could be using the same line.

punky
23-06-2005, 18:37
Demon are pretty reputable as an ADSL provider.

Is it much cheaper than TW? If it isn't and your TW supply is good, then it might not be worth the risk. You could switch and it is awful.

Angelus
23-06-2005, 18:39
Might want to check how far you are from your nearest exchange as that would seriously impact the speed. Also it's a 50:1 contention so up to 49 other people could be using the same line.

What i posted was the details i got back from demon after putting my details in

Paul K
23-06-2005, 18:45

What i posted was the details i got back from demon after putting my details in
Yeah they only tell you certain details though, it's always a good idea to get more info before thinking too hard about switching :)
http://www.demon.net/seriousbroadband/homeoff.html
Technical Information:

Speed - The service operates downstream at up to 2Mbps* and upstream at up to 250kbps maximum. Offering always on, unmetered access and unrestricted 24 hour TCP/IP traffic. Allows you to send and receive emails, download files and access the Internet 24 hours a day

Contention - The service is contended at 50:1 (ie up to 49 other users could share the bandwidth).
* Access to our top 2Mbps connection (maximum speed downstream) is dependent on the proximity of your telephone connection to the BT exchange.
In some areas only 1Mbps or 500kbps connections may be available.

jtwn
23-06-2005, 19:04
Why would you change? BY service not good enough?

Angelus
23-06-2005, 19:08
Price is one reason.

Paul K
23-06-2005, 19:37
Price is one reason.
Like I said, best check how far from the exchange you are. If you are far enough away to impact speeds you will need to balance your probable best speed against the cost of the service.

Check here for more info on your local exchanges
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php