PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honour - European Assault

bdav
22-06-2005, 23:10
I've been watching TV (as usual:disturbd:) and just seen the advert of the afformentioned game. To start, it is as if it was someone who was in the war, with realistic looking graphics, making the unsuspecting viewer think it is some sort of war documentary - only to be shown the box for a PS2 game. It may be just me, but does anyone else find this wrong? The anti-climax trivializes the tragedy of WW2, and indeed any war by linking honour of fighting with a PS2 game...

Anyone else have any views on this? (NOT the game itself!)

kronas
22-06-2005, 23:14
the games are there as an entertainment, not there to fool people in to thinking its a real war, western markets demand first person shooters and war games are perfect.

i dont think its wrong, we are going to get to a point where what you saw will pale in to comparison at the end of this year and next year.

MovedGoalPosts
22-06-2005, 23:54
Having now played the PC version of this MOH game, regularly , as well as others of this genre, if anything I find the level of realism thought provoking. Put it this way, I'm that bad at the game play, even after a few months, that I would not be alive if it were for real. I find that very humbling.

AndrewJ
22-06-2005, 23:54
Take Grand Theft Auto series for example ;)

kronas
23-06-2005, 00:04
Take Grand Theft Auto series for example ;)

exactly what i thought too, its not really hard to distinguish fact from reality if you have all your facultys in check :p:

Ramrod
23-06-2005, 00:09
Yep...............I played the Omaha beach level on medal of honour (PC)........ it put me off any notion of going to war for real and humbled me when I thought of the men who fought in the world wars (including my father) :(

bopdude
23-06-2005, 00:11
Yep...............I played the Omaha beach level on medal of honour (PC)........ it put me off any notion of going to war for real and humbled me when I thought of the men who fought in the world wars (including my father) :(

yep, opening scenes of what was it ??? Saving private Ryan :shrug: on the beach, terrible :(

zing_deleted
23-06-2005, 00:18
I would rather see an advert for a war game than an advert for something with wings :LOL:

kronas
23-06-2005, 00:20
I would rather see an advert for a war game than an advert for something with wings :LOL:

redbull gives you wings! (not tried it myself) ;)

sorry to hear about your father ramrod being in the war, its not a great place to be :(