PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ box

Caspar
18-06-2005, 10:43
My sky+ box has a lower % free disk space than it should :(

With no recorded programmes the total free is something like 64% :Yikes:

Anyone know the quickest way to re-initialise the disk?

Will phone sky, but wanted to know if anyone had heard of this b4?

dilli-theclaw
18-06-2005, 10:46
You should press services>system setup> then 0 then 1 then SELECT again.

Now you will have the engineer setup.

Try planner rebuild first (which SHOULDN'T loose anything)

If this doesn't work do a full system reset which will reformat your HDD.

The full reset will loose ALL recordings and things you have in your planner.

edit - it can take up to 3 - 4 mins for the full reset so don't panic if the box doesn't come back on immidiately.

edit (Again) - if you don't have planner rebuild in your installer menu you don't have the latest sky+ software...

dilli-theclaw
18-06-2005, 11:45
Dilli is wondering if it worked?

Caspar
18-06-2005, 11:59
Dilli is wondering if it worked?Caspar will perform the rebuild today, tia :tu: :)

Caspar will perform the rebuild today, tia :tu: :)Nothing happend when I pressed 0 on the services->system setup menu :(

Persume, this means I dont have the latest software.... how do I get the latest release/s?

:)

andy 1
18-06-2005, 12:00
if i can make a suggestion do a google search for "digital spy forums",they have a great section there on sky+ boxes and there problems and how to fix them.

hope it helps
andy

dilli-theclaw
18-06-2005, 12:02
Caspar will perform the rebuild today, tia :tu: :)

Nothing happend when I pressed 0 on the services->system setup menu :(

Persume, this means I dont have the latest software.... how do I get the latest release/s?

:)

you need to press 0 then 1 - then select before anything will happen....

To do a full software update. turn the power off - press and hold backup ON THE BOX NOT THE REMOTE. Plug back in and wait for all the lights to come on. You should get a message on screen telling you it's updating.

Stephen
18-06-2005, 15:43
if i can make a suggestion do a google search for "digital spy forums",they have a great section there on sky+ boxes and there problems and how to fix them.

hope it helps
andy

or to save time http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/

Caspar
18-06-2005, 16:59
You should press services>system setup> then 0 then 1 then SELECT again.

Now you will have the engineer setup.

Try planner rebuild first (which SHOULDN'T loose anything)

If this doesn't work do a full system reset which will reformat your HDD.

The full reset will loose ALL recordings and things you have in your planner.

edit - it can take up to 3 - 4 mins for the full reset so don't panic if the box doesn't come back on immidiately.

edit (Again) - if you don't have planner rebuild in your installer menu you don't have the latest sky+ software...Planner rebuild didn't work...but the full system reset did :D

dilli-theclaw
18-06-2005, 17:03
Planner rebuild didn't work...but the full system reset did :D

No problem - glad you got it sorted.

dilli-theclaw
23-06-2005, 09:00
I don't suppose you could expand on your error?

I got up this morning to find all my films that I was about to copy onto dvd unplayable as they had changed overnight to %0 used in the planner.

I tried deleteing them - but had to do a full reset to get the space back.

Have you seen this on your sky+ box?

TheBlueRaja
23-06-2005, 09:24
I have, its a common problem, i recorded 2 episodes of Scrubs from SKy 1 last week and although it said it had recorded then the yellow bar at the top was tiny and you couldnt play them.

Upon deletion of the programs 6% of my hard disk space had dissapeared. A planner rebuild wont fix this frustrating error, onlu a full system reset will, but i'll be buggered if im going to do that because i will loose all my planned recordings.

This is a well known issue though.

What DarthYoda says is right though - goto DigitalSpy they have loads on it.

dilli-theclaw
23-06-2005, 09:26
I have, its a common problem, i recorded 2 episodes of Scrubs from SKy 1 last week and although it said it had recorded then the yellow bar at the top was tiny and you couldnt play them.

Upon deletion of the programs 6% of my hard disk space had dissapeared. A planner rebuild wont fix this frustrating error, onlu a full system reset will, but i'll be buggered if im going to do that because i will loose all my planned recordings.

This is a well known issue though.

What DarthYoda says is right though - goto DigitalSpy they have loads on it.

I have posted on digital spy :)

I'm trying to find out if it's a faulty box or a software problem.

It sure is a pain in the arse.

Cheers for that :)

Dilli

edit - I see you found my post on digital spy ;):D

TheBlueRaja
23-06-2005, 09:48
Actually - im pretty sure its firmware.

Have a look at this thread here...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=213117&highlight=firmware

dilli-theclaw
23-06-2005, 09:53
Actually - im pretty sure its firmware.

Have a look at this thread here...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=213117&highlight=firmware

Looking now thanks :)

I have a pace v2 now - I was given a pace v1 when it was originally installed but it broke within a week.

TheBlueRaja
23-06-2005, 10:00
To be honest it dosent really happen that much but its annoying having the missing disk space.

Caspar
23-06-2005, 23:11
I do recall when my problem occured...it was during an episode of BigBrother. All of a sudden the play stopped, tried to rewind, nothing unpause (in case I had paused it), nothing, FF nothing...etc...I had to press the blue SKY button to xit the recording!...then when I deleted the recording it failed to return the % to free :(