PDA

View Full Version : Ready Light Flashing

paulus909
16-06-2005, 23:19
Hi, about 6 weeks ago had a problem in which the ready light kept flashing on my ntl cable modem, if you powered the modem down that would resolve it, sometimes for 5 mins sometimes for an hr or so. In the end I rang ntl and after hrs on the phone they finally sent out an engineer who replaced the modem. It seemed to be fine for about 2 days but now and then over the last 6 weeks since then it does the same but by removing the power cable AND the NTL cable it resolved the problem for longer periods of times.

However over the last week it has got worse than ever, the ready light constantly flashes and when removing both the cables (just the power isnt good enough) it fixes itself for about 10 minutes, then starts flashing.

On some occasions both the ready light and the sync light go out completely.

I really do not want to have to call the support line again. Here are some stats...any ideas?

Downstream Status:
Downstream Frequency : 402750000 Hz
Downstream Receive Power Level : -4.1 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 31.4 dB

Upstream Status:
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 61.0 dBmV
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency : 22000000 Hz

ALso in the event log got things like this:

FRI JUN 10 17:17:37 2005
No UCD's Received - Timeout

MON JUN 13 10:30:42 2005
DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received

WED JUN 15 16:16:28 2005
Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout

MON JUN 13 10:32:03 2005
TFTP Failed - OUT OF ORDER packets

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing

THU JUN 16 20:40:55 2005
Link up--Cable interface
Link down--USB interface

Thanks

iain_herts
17-06-2005, 00:11
hi :welcome: to the site

by the looks ur Upstream Transmit Power Level is a bit high taken from here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/signal.html

"The upstream transmit power will lie within the range +8 to +58 dBmV"

but some will comfirm this but u need to call ntl but perhaps some1 here from ntl maybe able to help u.

iain

hope u enjoy ur stay.

Monserrat
20-06-2005, 11:40
I have the problem with the RDY light as well. Most of the time, the SYNC light doesn't show either. I phoned up NTL and it is apparently an area problem (in ST16).