PDA

View Full Version : Problems with BT Broadband Setup - Help needed!

Jarandco
16-06-2005, 22:02
My sisters got a problem with her BT internet connection, she ordered BT Broadband Basic from BT and they package got sent through fine along with the line being activated.

All was fine until the set up of the actual internet, the cd would load and run through the information parts but once the install button was clicked it would start to load, but just leave a BT Broadband logo on the screen and the BT software would just completely freeze, i tried this again a few times to make sure it wasn't just a one off, i closed down all the running programs, i even tried it in safe mode, but couldn't install it as the cd drive wasn't accessible..? (Is it possible to change that?)

Anyway after this i explored the contents of the cd rom and managed to install the drivers for the modem, along with the modem diagnostics program, this all worked perfectly fine. The modem seems to function but the problem i have is it just wont connect to the internet, i tried creating the dial up manually, but this just came back with user name and password error even though they were correct. I cant think of what else to do, i haven't had much experience with adsl though, just used to Ethernet based ntl. My sister also used to have NTL, which worked perfectly, but recently moved house in a non ntl area.

Does anyone know where i can get any dial up software which would hopefully work? or of any BT specific sites which could help?

My sisters PC is running windows 98SE, and easily meets all of BT's minimum specifications.

Plus my sister also contacted BT and they would help or cancel the connection, as she has taken out a 12 month contract so she was told its her fault. Nice and helpful BT are! :mad:

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! :)

dragon
16-06-2005, 22:21
your.name@btbroadband.com

did you put the username in like that? it wants the @btbroadband.com at the end of the username

Id link you over to the Faq page but its using session specific links :erm:

Jarandco
16-06-2005, 22:33
your.name@btbroadband.com

did you put the username in like that? it wants the @btbroadband.com at the end of the username

Id link you over to the Faq page but its using session specific links :erm:

Yea i tried it both with and without the @btbroadband.com for the username, have you got the specific link to the faq, as ive been on the bt webiste ebfore and didnt find it evyer useful all it said about the cd not working properly was order another cd, but i'm not sure if it is the cd?! :confused:

dragon
17-06-2005, 07:58
http://btbroadband.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btbroadband.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=KMhoOaIh&p_lva=&p_faqid=625&p_created=1077296311&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTI0J nBfY2F0X2x2bDE9NjgmcF9jYXRfbHZsMj03NSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ* *&p_li=

doubt that link will work i think its session specific

but i was under BT Broadband (http://btbroadband.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btbroadband.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=KMhoOaIh&p_lva=&p_faqid=625&p_created=1077296311&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTI0J nBfY2F0X2x2bDE9NjgmcF9jYXRfbHZsMj03NSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ* *&p_li=#) > Help & support (http://btbroadband.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btbroadband.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=KMhoOaIh&p_lva=&p_faqid=625&p_created=1077296311&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTI0J nBfY2F0X2x2bDE9NjgmcF9jYXRfbHZsMj03NSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ* *&p_li=#) > FAQs

dunno if it will help you at all.

Jarandco
17-06-2005, 19:37
Ive managed to sort it now, not exactly sure how but it works! :D

The only thing is when it initially connects it seems to take ages, anyway of speeding that up?