PDA

View Full Version : Can't find drivers for my ntl cable modem ive searched

CableForumUser
16-06-2005, 17:08
Ive searched google hard and i need drivers for my modem i lost my disc, i got a new laptop which i have to use internet on. It says ntl:home 200 on the back. Ill answer your questions just ask!

quadplay
16-06-2005, 17:10
Drivers are available from: http://www.ntlworld.com/help/support/Ambit.zip

(found via www.ntlworld.com/help )

Paul K
16-06-2005, 17:11
Is it a USB connection? If so http://www.ntlworld.com/help/support/Ambit.zip

quadplay
16-06-2005, 17:12
Beat you! :p:

Paul K
16-06-2005, 17:14
Beat you! :p:
Was posting elsewhere before I saw it :p: Maybe the link to the drivers should be available via a sticky in this area of the forum??

paulyoung666
16-06-2005, 17:17
dont need em if you are using ethernet :)

Paul K
16-06-2005, 17:22
dont need em if you are using ethernet :)
Which is why I asked if it was a USB connection ;) Personally I tend to steer people to ethernet where possible lol :D

paulyoung666
16-06-2005, 17:34
Which is why I asked if it was a USB connection ;) Personally I tend to steer people to ethernet where possible lol :D

ahhhhhh but you didnt say you didnt need them for ethernet did you ;) :D :D :D

BigBrownMan
02-07-2005, 18:26
The links no longer work.
After much searching, it appears that NTL have removed the drivers.

Very helpful NTL, well done..... NOT.

Paul K
02-07-2005, 18:28
Which cable modem are you using?

Try here
http://www.ntlworld.com/helpsupport/select_modem.php
Edit:
looks like the recent remodelling of the website has resulted in links getting broken. Maybe someone on the forum will have a working link if you tell them which modem you use?

Paul K
02-07-2005, 18:58
Here you go if you need the drivers still
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/triage/drivers/

Electrolyte01
03-07-2005, 11:46
Can't you request for a new CD?

Or don't NTL do that kinda thing?

Paul K
03-07-2005, 11:48
Can't you request for a new CD?

Or don't NTL do that kinda thing?
Sometimes the CDs don't hold the latest drivers or software. It's faster and easier to download where possible. Hopefully NTL will sort their links out at some point.

Raistlin
03-07-2005, 15:14
Perhaps someone could upload an ISO of the CD?

Anybody got any idea how big the files on it are?

Paul K
03-07-2005, 15:40
Perhaps someone could upload an ISO of the CD?

Anybody got any idea how big the files on it are?
Dunno but he only wanted the drivers which I posted a working link to in post 11. The NTL page is 404 but they are hosted at the link in post 11 too.

dragon
04-07-2005, 21:30
it would be better to use ethernet and you wont need any modem drivers then.

as its a new laptop it will probably have a built in ethernet port so youd just need a bit of rj45 UTP catorgory 5 (Also known as a lan cable)

BigBrownMan
05-07-2005, 19:29
Thank you for the response.
In the end, i went with ethernet and had to install a network PCI card, but all was well in the end.

It's just a shame that NTL behaved like this. I've never had dealings with them before (i'm not a customer but was acting on behalf of my friend who is) and this experience is enough to ensure that i make sure that everyone i know steers well clear of them in the future.

Thank you for posting the link to the driver however. I was not particularly interested in the latest driver, just any driver, but it's good to know that forums work, even if the parent companies don't.

Paul K
05-07-2005, 19:43
Thank you for the response.
In the end, i went with ethernet and had to install a network PCI card, but all was well in the end.

It's just a shame that NTL behaved like this. I've never had dealings with them before (i'm not a customer but was acting on behalf of my friend who is) and this experience is enough to ensure that i make sure that everyone i know steers well clear of them in the future.

Thank you for posting the link to the driver however. I was not particularly interested in the latest driver, just any driver, but it's good to know that forums work, even if the parent companies don't.
When websites are re-designed it is very difficult to check that every last link works properly, unfortunately NTL should have checked their site a bit better than they did.
To be honest your friend should have had a CD with drivers on it from NTL, that would have negated the need to get the drivers from the site, the positive side to this though is that he is on ethernet now which is a lot easier to troubleshoot/ correct lol ;)
BTW Parent companies? NTL owns no support forums since they closed NTHW.com ;)