PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies

NEONKNIGHT
27-09-2003, 13:25
Galaxies is slated for a 31 October release on the PC. Anyone got any info on when it might be coming to the xbox?

GAME : Star Wars Galaxies For the PC (http://shop.game.net/Viewproduct.aspx?cat=11144&mid=271040)

Cheers;)

ic14
27-09-2003, 13:26
Well the official site did have a PS2 and XBOX logo on it, last year :(

So i guess its bad news all round, neon :(

NEONKNIGHT
27-09-2003, 13:32
Anyone on the Forum going to get it for the PC then ? Would be a laugh if we could all join up on this game:D

Jerrek
27-09-2003, 18:41
Wait for Everquest II. Seriously. I finished the game already and there is no content. Just like DAoC. Fun for all of two weeks and then you realize the game is 35% done.

Or you can wait 2 years. :)

Bifta
28-09-2003, 01:49
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
Anyone on the Forum going to get it for the PC then ? Would be a laugh if we could all join up on this game:D

ME!

Stewh
28-09-2003, 02:24
you finished it Jerrek? What planet are you from really?

Sorry, but it's a MMORPG, it doesnt really have a beginning and an end, so you're telling me you mastered the professions, unlocked your FS slot, explored and found all the various quest terminals like Jabbas Palace, participated in loads of imperial versus rebel faction wars?

While I agree that there is a need for more content, there hasn't been an MMORPG released yet that is 100% on day 1, they need a good 6 months to settle in, get the characters balanced/nerfed, get the storyline underway etc.

Xaccers
28-09-2003, 03:28
Loads of people from my Earth and Beyond guild play on there, they're enjoying it :)

Jerrek
28-09-2003, 16:10
Sorry, but it's a MMORPG, it doesnt really have a beginning and an end, so you're telling me you mastered the professions,
Yes, 250 skill points.

unlocked your FS slot
It isn't in the game yet, and your chances to do so is minute. VERY minute.

explored and found all the various quest terminals like Jabbas Palace,
For most part, those that are in the game, yes.

participated in loads of imperial versus rebel faction wars?
No, I'm under cover.

While I agree that there is a need for more content, there hasn't been an MMORPG released yet that is 100% on day 1, they need a good 6 months to settle in, get the characters balanced/nerfed, get the storyline underway etc.
Perhaps, but after 2 months Everquest made more progress than SWG did. Which is why I don't recommend anyone to play SWG right now. Wait a year.

EQ2 on the other hand, seems like it is going to be reasonably complete.

EQ is the best MMORPG so far. :D