PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting connection losses.

Stouffer
15-06-2005, 20:02
Right, I'm on 3mb ntl through a sacm connected via ethernet. I know it's a problem with the modem/service as the problem is visable on the modem.

Whenever I am downloading (Bit torrent, HTTP, ftp, anything) my connection dies. It actually did it just as I was typing this. A reboot of the modem is the only way to fix. Only happens when downloading, so what could the problem be?

I've been online for 2 hours after work, no probs. I try to download, and ion the past 15 minutes it's dropped 4 times.

2 more times in the past couple of minutes. It just stops working, adn the rdy light goes out.

Chris W
15-06-2005, 20:44
PM me the modem's mac address of your public ip address and i'll have a look at what is going on...

btw have you contacted technical support about this? if so that should be your first step to resolving this.

Stouffer
15-06-2005, 23:21
I'm not that worried really. I rarely download. I only asked to see if this is a known problem.

And in all honesty, when downloading stuff, I can't exactly ring tech support and ask if they know why when I am downloading naughty things, my connection messes up.

Ignition
15-06-2005, 23:25
Not really their business what you download, just ask em why when using Bittorrent / whatever it disconnects.

Phone them your connection isn't working as sold.

HEADRAT
16-06-2005, 12:22
I'm having exactly the same problem (CB4 Cambridge), I have been in contact with support and an engineer came out Monday, problem is he just swapped the modem and then left (my wife was in) and its done nothing to solve the problems.

If I'm just surfing the net it seems OK, as soon as I try and download anything the thing is all over the place.