PDA

View Full Version : shoddy

friendfire
14-06-2005, 13:43
first of all i want to say that i work in a customer care enviroment and no exactly how difficult it can be at times, it takes a lot for me to moan and groan but sadly i have reached boiling point now and feel that if i phone one more time i am only going to chew off the first person that answers head off!!
The story..so far......last Monday 2 engineers arrived to install and connect me to cable tv, they arrived set me up but the box did not work...fine...they said " we will be back either tomorrow or wednesday with another box for you mate"......waited...and waited...now its Thursday! phones up...on hold for 40 mins. " the job says it finished"they say!! put through to someone who had three attempts and saying "satisfactory" then gave up....he said "wont be a mo, just going to find out more" on hold again for another 15 mins. then he comes back to say...LAUGHING!!! " Sorry but you need to go through to another department!!!

Okay, we get through to someone else who informs us that the installation team have been emailed, we are 7 in line and they will phone us back....2 days later! no reply.....we phone back...again on hold for 40 mins. and finally get an appointment for this Monday to have new box installed " they will be there between 12am and 6 pm.......what do you think happened? nothing! nobody arrived...again!!! we phone up again last night after another long wait,we get told "there was no appointment" again told they will phone us back with appointment, not heard since!!

I am sooo peed off, this is ridiculous, had a bill which im not paying as i have yet to see the damn thing work and keep going round in circles.

I would not recommend them to my worst enemy so far, and if i have no joy very soon i am going to take this further and include a bill for wasting my annual leave waiting around for engineers who were it seems never going to come.

Sorry NTL this is terrible service, you should be ashamed.

Thanks
Mick Anderton

shredder
14-06-2005, 13:47
sorry to hear about all of the trouble you've had, i'll take a look for you when i'm back in work tomorrow if you like, provided you are in a postcode area my system covers. where are you from and what's the first part of your postcode?

Paul K
14-06-2005, 13:48
Ring CS, ask for retentions and tell them to sort it out or you'll cancel your contract. Shouldn't have to put up with incompetence like that but not all NTL CS staff are that bad fortunately, looks like you have managed to hit a rich vein of stupidity so far :(

Jules
14-06-2005, 13:49
No wonder you are angry Mick I would be as well! The people on here are very good at getting this sort of thing sorted out. Good luck and welcome to the forum :)

friendfire
14-06-2005, 14:04
Well thanks for your replies! i am in Tring postcode is HP23 6AP, will phone again tonight after work but im just getting more annoyed than anything else, and i really dont want to be rude.

More angry with the original engineers to be honest, why oh why did they write down the job was finished!!! jeez

Cheers
Mick

Florence
14-06-2005, 14:20
Welcome to the Forums Mick, You have come to the right place to get this sorted, there are many memebers from within NTL all willing to help in their spare time. Hope its all sorted soon for you.

Well thanks for your replies! i am in Tring postcode is HP23 6AP, will phone again tonight after work but im just getting more annoyed than anything else, and i really dont want to be rude.

More angry with the original engineers to be honest, why oh why did they write down the job was finished!!! jeez

Cheers
Mick

Possibly contractors and to get their commission need to have enough completed jobs. When I had NTL fitted the engineer was NTL employed and checked everything before he left also trying to get the maximum installs in the shortest time possible leaves no time for the odd hiccup where technology fails to work first time.

shredder
14-06-2005, 14:38
i'm not so sure i recognise the postcode as one i work with but i'll check all the same for you tomorrow morning if you like? forgive my ignorance but where is Tring?

friendfire
14-06-2005, 14:41
i'm not so sure i recognise the postcode as one i work with but i'll check all the same for you tomorrow morning if you like? forgive my ignorance but where is Tring?

Appreciate your time Mate, Tring is in Hertfordshire.

Thanks
Mick

bdav
14-06-2005, 16:03
Just threaten them with connecting a car battery to the cable - that'll get them moving.

Nemesis
14-06-2005, 16:11
I have sent Friendlyfire a PM, please repond as soon as you can

friendfire
14-06-2005, 16:26

Reply sent.

Thanks
Mick

paulyoung666
14-06-2005, 16:53
Just threaten them with connecting a car battery to the cable - that'll get them moving.

that was just plain silly , ok so most ppl will take this in jest , maybe other ppl would not :erm:

Nemesis
14-06-2005, 16:53

Reply sent.

Thanks
Mick

Got it and forwarded information .... will let you know the outcome.

Chris W
14-06-2005, 17:11

Its Herts and Beds i think so SMS...

gavnad
14-06-2005, 17:37
herts and beds is both i believe,sabs and sms

Chris W
14-06-2005, 19:08
herts and beds is both i believe,sabs and sms

the OP's postcode is SMS billed ;)

spike7451
14-06-2005, 19:44
Sorry about the cluster****!
I'm supprised the crew did'nt book a MO as the faulty STB will go against them as a ELF (Early Life Fault).I'd insist that the Quality Assurance Inspector meets with you & goes thru the install with you.
He will look for stuff like blow outs (gaping holes in the wall not filled in) cable depth in the garden,that sort of thing.
Spike

shredder
14-06-2005, 23:13
ahh i see i am icms but my team is dual skilled (both icms and sms) my sms training starts next week! if you decide you'd like some help pm me your details and i'll get my collegue to take a look for you tomorrow, if not all the best! ;)

friendfire
16-06-2005, 14:04
UPDATE!!! it is now up and running, as i was quick enough to come on here and complain i feel it only right that i should also give compliments where they are due!
Thanks firstly to the people that contacted me after my posting on this forum, including Simon who certainly got the ball rolling.

Recieved phone calls from all departments of NTL apologising and this was very much appreciated, engineers arrived within five mins. of a call notifying me they were on there way...installed....and working! then lastly recieved a call a little later on updating on how the installation went.

A big thank you to all concerned, and hopefully this message will be passed on to you all as was the original post.

My last two days of experiencing NTL Customer care has been.......TOPS!

Cheers
Mick

nfs6600
16-06-2005, 14:11
Hp23 - Harmony

Edit D'oh!:dunce:

Nemesis
16-06-2005, 14:15
UPDATE!!! it is now up and running, as i was quick enough to come on here and complain i feel it only right that i should also give compliments where they are due!
Thanks firstly to the people that contacted me after my posting on this forum, including Simon who certainly got the ball rolling.

Recieved phone calls from all departments of NTL apologising and this was very much appreciated, engineers arrived within five mins. of a call notifying me they were on there way...installed....and working! then lastly recieved a call a little later on updating on how the installation went.

A big thank you to all concerned, and hopefully this message will be passed on to you all as was the original post.

My last two days of experiencing NTL Customer care has been.......TOPS!

Cheers
Mick

Glad it's sorted :D

Jules
16-06-2005, 14:23
Yet again the forum and the people on it get things done :)

shredder
16-06-2005, 16:12
glad it's all sorted now :)