PDA

View Full Version : UK Independance Party

Tiptoes
26-09-2003, 13:31
http://www.independence.org.uk

Thoughts Anyone?

TigaSefi
26-09-2003, 13:32
Need a Professional web designer. It bloody awful to look at.

Chris
26-09-2003, 13:59
Without having read the site in detail yet, I think I am in agreement with them. I came across this on their homepage:

We are the only party committed to keeping the pound and control of our economy forever.
We are the only party committed to regaining and retaining our rights to be governed by our own laws made in our own parliament by our own people.
We are the only party committed to regaining and retaining our rights to be governed by our own laws made in our own parliament by our own people.
We are the only party committed to campaign for a full and fair referendum on EU membership.

I certainly agree with all of this.

But I also agree with Tigasefi; the site needs a redesign...

Niles Crane
26-09-2003, 14:29
This is the party all those idiots who claim they're not racist (or idiots), yet vote for the BNP should infact vote for.

Defiant
26-09-2003, 14:32
People wanting an end to mass immigration are not racists. People accusing of this are. Were not the world's dust bin and DSS office

Chris
26-09-2003, 14:39
Originally posted by Defiant
People wanting an end to mass immigration are not racists. People accusing of this are. Were not the world's dust bin and DSS office

If that was all the BNP stood for they would not be racists. But you and I know they go in for a lot more than that. But that's already being discussed in another thread. Let's keep this one on the UKIP shall we? ;)

Niles Crane
26-09-2003, 14:40

So you're an idiot then? Obviously you are, and you're also a hypocrite. As you seem to have the same victimisation complex that you so despise.
Where did i say you were racist? Where did i even imply it? Or can you not read simple English? How can you live in this country, and yet not understand a simple English sentence?

I said:This is the party all those idiots who claim they're not racist (or idiots), yet vote for the BNP should infact vote for.

The UKIP's policy on immigration and asylum is very right wing, and their immigration policies dont differ much from the BNPs (the BNPs is racist, ridiculous and illogical), the UKIP's isnt. So if you want an end to mass immigration, why would you vote for the BNP when theres other non-racist options, and far more realistic options? The UKIP is the 4th largest party in the country, the BNP is below the likes of Green Peace. So if you want a realistic chance of getting what you want, any sensible person would vote UKIP.
And by the way, all those who vote BNP; i assume you agree with illegalisation of interracial relationships and public homosexuality, compulsory army service, plus other ludicracy?

Also, how in the world are people who accuse others of being racist because of immigration stance, racist themselves? Seriously, are you an idiot? Again, you're throwing the word racist around like confetti. More hypocracy.

Defiant
26-09-2003, 14:47
Not everyone that votes BNP are racists.

Chris
26-09-2003, 14:49

And Ezenden is suggesting that those people would be better off voting UKIP instead of BNP.

Now we're going round in circles. :spin:

Niles Crane
26-09-2003, 14:51

Where did i say they were? I'm saying those who arent racist, should then not waste their vote by voting for a racist party when theres better options. One being; the UKIP. And please; answer my previous enquiry, instead of making irrelevant and bland statements. Can you not speak English? Can you not put a full paragraph together? Are you an immigrant or something, do you want me to translate into Iraqi, Estonian or Afghani for you?

Defiant
26-09-2003, 14:56
I'm keeping this short and sweet for a reason. If your going to Manchester I'd love to explain in person though

Niles Crane
26-09-2003, 15:04
I'm keeping this short and sweet for a reason. If your going to Manchester I'd love to explain in person though

You may be keeping it short, but you're failing to keep it sweet. Theres no need to explain your gibberish though, i understand fully; deep down (ignoring all my insults and jibes), you know i'm right. But i'll spare you the indignity of admitting it ;)

Tiptoes
26-09-2003, 15:15
Originally posted by Ezenden
This is the party all those idiots who claim they're not racist (or idiots), yet vote for the BNP should infact vote for.

That is exactly the reason I WILL be voting for the UKIP

I agree with SOME of what the BNP say but I am neither racist or otherwise.

My partner is Jewish and I have a mulsim school friend who is godfather to my child.

kronas
26-09-2003, 16:49
they seem a sound party to me unfortunately they seem to be too focused on asylum i would like to see there other 'plans' NHS public transport taxes......

EDIT found them reading now.....

Tiptoes
26-09-2003, 16:58
http://www.staffordukip.com/manifesto.asp?section=environment

There is also some info on Health (Right menu)

kronas
26-09-2003, 17:30
im impressed with them a party i can agree with on all aspects whether it be education tax NHS

Shaun
26-09-2003, 17:45
Originally posted by towny
Without having read the site in detail yet, I think I am in agreement with them. I came across this on their homepage:

I certainly agree with all of this.

But I also agree with Tigasefi; the site needs a redesign...

I'm not trying to be funny here but am I the only one here that thinks its silly to rule something out that may in the future be beneficial for the country?

kronas
26-09-2003, 17:52
Originally posted by dellwear
I'm not trying to be funny here but am I the only one here that thinks its silly to rule something out that may in the future be beneficial for the country?

what europe the euro ?:rofl:

Shaun
26-09-2003, 17:59
Originally posted by kronas
what europe the euro ?:rofl:

Yer, why laugh, I can't see into the future, neither can you, so why scoff? I'm just trying to be open minded, this is the future of our country here.

I believe that we shouldn't say never to anything, there are countries that have joined the euro and are doing great. Admittedly there are some countries that are doing not so great, but we have to consider all the options and then make an informed decision that will benefit the country, not just a rash knee jerk decision.:)

kronas
26-09-2003, 18:04
Yer, why laugh, I can't see into the future, neither can you, so why scoff? I'm just trying to be open minded, this is the future of our country here.

im laughing because we dont need the euro

I believe that we shouldn't say never to anything, there are countries that have joined the euro and are doing great. Admittedly there are some countries that are doing not so great, but we have to consider all the options and then make an informed decision that will benefit the country, not just a rash knee jerk decision.:)

there are too many that arent doing great the centralisation approach by brussels just doesent work each country in the EU has its own needs and they need to be addressed one tax rate one policy does not fit all :rolleyes:

actually wasent the uk one of the fastest growing economies if not the fastest compaired to the rest of the EU ?

Bifta
26-09-2003, 18:20
I kept it short and sweet because the mods wouldn't have liked the response I had for you. Go to Manchester and it can be explained very easy

Ooh that looks thinly veiled

Niles Crane
26-09-2003, 18:32
I kept it short and sweet because the mods wouldn't have liked the response I had for you. Go to Manchester and it can be explained very easy

Oooh, i'm so scared. Mr BNP is threatening me ;). Why dont you remove the shackles of political correctness and have your little say. Come on, you know you want to.
If i goto Manchester is that all? Is your mouth really that big, that you can be heard throughout the whole of Manchester?

And if your response to my simple, true and logical comments is so rude and offensive that it would result in punishment from moderators then............no wonder you vote BNP ;). As obviously, your only comeback is an irrelevant one. And NOT to answer and respond to my clearly stated position on the issue.

Defiant
26-09-2003, 18:35
Oooh, i'm so scared. Mr BNP is threatening me ;). Why dont you remove the shackles of political correctness and have your little say. Come on, you know you want to.

What I wont to say ha you got it wrong yet again and as for threatening I dont make them sorry. My you do seem to be full of it

Chris
26-09-2003, 18:39

No Parliament can make a decision that is binding on a future Parliament. So even if UKIP won a general election (and let's face it, that's not very likely), their pledge 'never' to join the Euro is only valid for the duration of their Government - probably four or five years. So by voting for them, you do not consign the Euro to the scrapheap for ever.

Having said that...

I agree that knee-jerk reactions are not good. However we have the advantage in this country of sitting outside the single currency experiement and being able to make a judgement based on facts about whether it works and whether it is a good thing. And, based on the evidence so far, it certainly isn't great. I would be interested to know which countries you think are doing 'great'. At the moment, UK, Sweden and Denmark are the strongest economies in the EU, and guess what they have in common ... yep, they are the only ones outside the Euro-zone.

The biggest economies inside the Euro-zone, France and Germany, are finding that the restrictions the currency 'stability pact' places on them are intolerable as they try to plan their way out of economic recession. Both countries have posted budgets with planned deficits for the coming year that exceed what is allowed, for the second year running, thus risking a fine from Brussels.

This is wrong on so many levels! If France gets into economic difficulty, it should be able to do whatever it needs to do for the good of its people. But it can't do that. The Euro is an economic strait jacket that the UK can well do without, to say nothing of the absurdity of a bunch of unelected civil servants in Belgium imposing a fine on us if they don't like our budget!

To quote another famous Euro-sceptic: "No, no, no!"

Niles Crane
26-09-2003, 18:41
What I wont to say ha you got it wrong yet again and as for threatening I dont make them sorry. My you do seem to be full of it

You seem pretty full of it aswell, but unfortunetly; you're not letting it out. Its unhealty to bottle up your opinions you know ;)

I wont be going to Manchester any time soon i'm afraid. Well thats that i guess. Aahhh well........

Defiant
26-09-2003, 18:46
[B]Its unhealty to bottle up your opinions you know ;)
B]

I've already done that thanks

Steve H
26-09-2003, 20:48
Certain Posts have been removed. There shall be NO Personal threats on these forums.

idi banashapan
26-09-2003, 21:10
I don't understand why so many people are so against moving forward together. It is segregation that causes the worlds problems. Segregation leads to these seperated groups saying things about other groups which in turn leads to hatred of some kind.

be it religion, politics or football 'supporters', it all ends up a mess. Why can europe not be as one community and work TOGETHER to make life better for us all. It may seem a little communistic, but in all honesty, the theory of communism is spot on. We just haven't lived in a society that has successfully managed to get the balance right yet.

Keeping out of Europe, I feel, will inevitably hold us back in the UK. It seems more and more that people are allowing our country to be run by fat cats who sit on leather chairs in books rooms smoking cigars, who are scared of change. they're too used to ruling the roost and reaping the rewards all for themselves. Let's share the profit of a rich society for the better. And yes, at first it will be hard and things might not go so smoothly, but since when has ANY migration of such a mammoth scale gone sweetly???

stop living in the empire of a britain long gone. United we stand, divided we fall...

Theodoric
28-09-2003, 16:27
To repeat the quote from the site:

"We are the only party committed to keeping the pound and control of our economy forever.

We are the only party committed to keep our trade with our neighbours in Europe and to free Britain from Brussels.

We are the only party committed to campaign for a full and fair referendum on EU membership."

To which I would add:

"We are the only party committed to the principle that if you say something three times, it is true."

Alternatively,

"We are the only party who believe in living in Cloud Cuckoo Land".

Keeping the pound etc. The sterling zone went long ago. When the IMF said jump in the 70s, we said, "How high?".

Keep our European trade. I'm sure that the EU will be extremely generous to us when we leave it.

Governed by our own laws. The fact the leaving the EU would end up with us becoming a powerless client state of the USA would give us great scope for gioverning ourselves, I suppose.

Referendum on EU membership. I thought that we would be getting this in any case.

philip.j.fry
29-09-2003, 22:08
<SNIP>

I agree wholeheartedly with this post, spot on Bender