PDA

View Full Version : Degraded service

joesnake
12-06-2005, 14:34
Hi all,

Am hoping that one of the NTL guys here can get me some definitive info on when the degraded service fault in Bishopââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s Stortford might be resolved, and what is causing it.

The fault has been included in Service Status since last December. I have called CS and BB support on a number of occasions and get different answers each time. The last time I called they said it would be resolved in 7 days, that was a month ago.

To be fair to NTL they have given me 2 months BB credit and my monthly bill has been reduced for the next 12 months. But I would rather have a full service.

Any info would be appreciated.

Chris W
12-06-2005, 14:49
:welcome:

The problems are being caused by the cable network in the area, i have no idea when they will be resolved, but it is not likely to be soon- some major work needs to be done to improve the quality of service.

Ignition
12-06-2005, 14:55
:welcome:

The problems are being caused by the cable network in the area, i have no idea when they will be resolved, but it is not likely to be soon- some major work needs to be done to improve the quality of service.

No comment.

joesnake
14-06-2005, 20:32
Thanks for the reply monkeybreath.

Looks like I will have to go through the official complaints procedure and if necessary make a complaint to Ofcom.

Chris W
14-06-2005, 20:49
Thanks for the reply monkeybreath.

Looks like I will have to go through the official complaints procedure and if necessary make a complaint to Ofcom.

doubt that would make a difference to be honest...

you have had a reduced service, and ntl have given you refunds and a lower monthly payment to reflect this :shrug:

can't see ofcom being very interested...

i have just checked and there is some work going on in Bishop's Stortford next week which may improve things, won't fix it permanently, but may help things.