PDA

View Full Version : Farewell NTL, Sky won me over.

JumpyJim
12-06-2005, 14:30
I have been an NTL user for almost 8 years now but I have finally jumped boat so to speak and now become a virgin Sky customer. For the service NTL offered, I just felt I wasn't getting my monies worth considering the problems I had been encountering over the years.

After informing NTL to cancel my account and to collect their decoder I awaited Sky to connect me. Four days after contacting them and no sooner had they arrived, they were gone.

30 minutes later and one completed install, I reflected. It was almost immediately apparent that the Sky service offered surpassed that of NTL's. The most critical component of any digital package, the menu system, was silky smooth in comparison to NTL's lacklustre offering. No more sluggish menu choosing, no more lockups, no more screen blanking and no more 4:3 problems!

As for the phone system replacement, unfortunately Bulldog let me down, by taking 10 days to arrange to connect a BT socket to my house. However, thanks to this months special offer I am now surfing the net with the trial 8 mbit unlimited connection to the internet. The speed increase is simply staggering.

So what has this all cost me? Well for now the Sky basic family package of £19.50 is more than adequate to what NTL offered family packwise and the
4mbit unlimited internet + phone line from Bulldog is costing £40.

Summing up, £60 is simply amazing value for money for services that I long suffered with via NTL's lesser offerings. I always believed NTL offered the better deal, I wish I had realised the reality years back.

JumpyJim, over and out.

Jules
12-06-2005, 16:31
Make sure you have some anti freeze in the house you are going to need it for the winter :)

Oh and welcome to the forum :D

simpsonsFAN
12-06-2005, 22:37
Make sure you have some anti freeze in the house you are going to need it for the winterYes, ntl pace set top boxs make very good cental heating!:D
-Chris

Jules
13-06-2005, 11:18
Lol no when I had sky my bit in the middle of the dish kept getting ice on it and I would lose the signal so I had to lean out of the bedroom window and spray it with anti freeze lol

Gareth
13-06-2005, 14:40
Bah, never had that problem..... saying that, I live in the South where it's considerably warmer than Yorkshire ;)