PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Us

coventrycityfan
12-06-2005, 00:50
As a Coventry City Fan we need help from all supporters. We were due to move in to a new stadium however due to delays we cannot now play there until august 20th.
However CCFC has lodged 2 appeals to the Football League to help us and they turned us down twice.
As a result we are now homeless unless the club can find another venue
Myself and other supporters feel quite disgusted at this decision and therefore we are asking if you could sign this petition:
you can at http://www.petitiononline.com/ccfcvsfa/petition.html

nffc
12-06-2005, 01:11
Has Highfield Road been flattened then?

coventrycityfan
12-06-2005, 01:16
not yet but they have started to take a few things down, however whether HR will be used again is down to a fresh safety certficate.
They have been told by the Football League that they cannot have 3 games away a similar thing which has been used by Stoke City and Bolton because their stadiums wasn't finished on time so we will have no choice but to play the first game at home so the club at the moment are looking for alternative venues but don't be surprised if we have to use HR again. I am just angry with the Football League's Attitude in the whole situation
If the Club can't play the first game at home then the Football League will deduct us points because of their shoddy treatment towards us

nffc
12-06-2005, 01:25
Can't you negotiate playing it somewhere else, like another local ground when the team's away?

[The FA/FL are twits imo.]

coventrycityfan
12-06-2005, 01:29
well the club are looking at trying to reverse the fixture but again that will prove to be difficult because of asking the tram who we're playing to do it and also they'll have to get permission off the Football League

Ramrod
12-06-2005, 01:47
*bump* :)

ntl customer
12-06-2005, 03:17
How many other forums have you spammed your message on?

Roy MM
12-06-2005, 03:23

Hello you not a passionate football supporter then?

Hope Coventry get something sorted, you could play in my back garden but the weeds are taking over.:D

oh n Mick Ferguson was a pain in my ass :mad: Brilliant player.

Steve H
12-06-2005, 03:32

Hopefully as many as he can.

nffc
12-06-2005, 09:46

Why shouldn't he? Take it you don't like football- and if you did, you'd want to get as many people to be aware of the state of your club (and trust me, ours is hopeless).

Even the plastic Mancs are realising this- and I saw a letter on ceefax saying something like "man u have got 2 years under Glazer and I'm off to support Spurs" what a joke.

Nidge
12-06-2005, 10:52
As a Coventry City Fan we need help from all supporters. We were due to move in to a new stadium however due to delays we cannot now play there until august 20th.
However CCFC has lodged 2 appeals to the Football League to help us and they turned us down twice.
As a result we are now homeless unless the club can find another venue
Myself and other supporters feel quite disgusted at this decision and therefore we are asking if you could sign this petition:
you can at http://www.petitiononline.com/ccfcvsfa/petition.html

A few years ago my team played at Notts County because our ground wasn't ready, I'm sure the FA would let you play elsewhere.

allieyoung666
12-06-2005, 10:54
I agree, it isnt really spam now boys is it?? It is call to rally the troops for help, good on him!

coventrycityfan
12-06-2005, 11:15
Listen i am not spamming this at all At the end of the day i am trying to get other football fans to sign this petition. All we are asking is for over a thousand signatures and if we can do that then hopefully it'll send a clear message to them that their whole decisionmaking in this has been stupid

MovedGoalPosts
12-06-2005, 15:10
Hmm, not a footbal fan but there do seem to be a couple of issues here and the FA might not be quite so unfair or stupid as you make out.

Firstly, the new stadium was supposed to be ready, but now won't be. Costs incurred by delays should be recoverable from the contractors under a penalty clause. SO hiring a temporary ground to cover the home game(s) when you don't have your hoped for venue, should still be financially OK.

If you ask the other teams who you were to play to swap over their home/away arrangements, could that place your team at an advantage and them at a possible disadvantage later in the season. Would that mean other teams have a run of away games, and you a run of home games, potentially at a critical time in the season?

coventrycityfan
12-06-2005, 15:17
mate,
Your point about contractors/Penalty Clauses. Afraid to say there wasn't any Penalty Clauses signed in the Contract. Coventry City are tenants, The Whole Project is run by Arena Coventry Limited/Coventry City Council

MovedGoalPosts
12-06-2005, 15:19
In which case, as Tenants, there should be provisions in the lease agreement which could provide some redress for the stadium not being ready in time. Might be as little as an bility not to pay the rent, but that would still help to offset hire charges of another venue.

coventrycityfan
12-06-2005, 15:23
well nothing like that is being discussed by the club, all that the club are looking at is this:
Looking for a venue to play 1st home game seeing as The Football League have told them that they must start at home and after they will have 2 away games
If they cannot find a venue they will ask the team who we're playing against at home to try and reverse the fixture

nffc
12-06-2005, 23:56
Hmm, not a footbal fan but there do seem to be a couple of issues here and the FA might not be quite so unfair or stupid as you make out.

Firstly, the new stadium was supposed to be ready, but now won't be. Costs incurred by delays should be recoverable from the contractors under a penalty clause. SO hiring a temporary ground to cover the home game(s) when you don't have your hoped for venue, should still be financially OK.

If you ask the other teams who you were to play to swap over their home/away arrangements, could that place your team at an advantage and them at a possible disadvantage later in the season. Would that mean other teams have a run of away games, and you a run of home games, potentially at a critical time in the season?
I can tell you're not a football fan! The only time the table matters is after 46 games when everyone's played each other twice!

coventrycityfan
14-06-2005, 19:14
Please Keep signing it

timewarrior2001
14-06-2005, 22:46
signing the petition will achieve nothing.

Trust me when I say we have been there and done that with the whole middlesbrough fiasco and those 3 points.

You get told by the FA that you dont have to play, the premiership say you do (or was it vice versa??) and suddenly wham your relegated.

The FA is a corrupt old boys club. They are nothing but a bunch of sniveling spineless gutless *******s, the sooner they are ousted the better, as always its one rule for them and their cronies (usually a certain team from the old trafford area of manchester) and another rule of their chosing and making as to when it suits them for all the others.

If I had it my way though, I'd invite you all to play up north, it may be cold but never let it be said we arent hospitable.

coventrycityfan
16-06-2005, 22:33
Please keep signing it

Chris
16-06-2005, 23:29
This is spam, regardless of how worthy a cause some people might think it is. You got away with posting it, but coming back to *bump* it two days after it died isn't on. I'm closing it now.