PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Plus since new STB

Chris_1013
10-06-2005, 20:47
OK - since having my new Samsung box when I go to the Broadband Plus page it just gives me the signup page. Now, I'm guessing what's happening is when you register is adds Broadband Plus to your account specific to the box, now the box has changed it's not going to let me in cos it doesn't think I'm paying for it?

I could just sign up again - but don't want to pay for it twice, obviously - do I just phone up, cancel and re-subscribe, or can someone (not an Indian script monkey) switch it over for me if I phone Customer Services? Anyone know?

Paul K
10-06-2005, 20:53
Call CS and tell them what has happened? You never know you may not get one of their illustrious Indian call center people ;)

Chris_1013
10-06-2005, 20:58
I went through to Broandband faults (seems logical), but as soon as he started taking me through IPCONFIG I was like hmm... doesn't sound right to me, plus I could hardly understand the guy.

I tried CS, but they were busy and got bored, have to try in the morning.

Paul K
10-06-2005, 21:00
I went through to Broandband faults (seems logical), but as soon as he started taking me through IPCONFIG I was like hmm... doesn't sound right to me, plus I could hardly understand the guy.

I tried CS, but they were busy and got bored, have to try in the morning.
If you refrain from calling them monkeys you might find some of the NTL staff on the forum may look into it for you if they see this thread ;)

Chris_1013
10-06-2005, 21:04
I'm not going to go over the same thing I'm sure has been said before, I only meant that I don't enjoy calling India when I want help from an English company, and I want to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about rather than going over the same things over and over. Sorry, I use monkeys very colloquially at work when referring to our first line guys, so it's kinda a force of habit. I didn't mean it racially or anything like that.

Paul K
10-06-2005, 21:19
I'm not going to go over the same thing I'm sure has been said before, I only meant that I don't enjoy calling India when I want help from an English company, and I want to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about rather than going over the same things over and over. Sorry, I use monkeys very colloquially at work when referring to our first line guys, so it's kinda a force of habit. I didn't mean it racially or anything like that.
Don't worry it's just that the term has been used in the past to insult members of NTL staff ;)
I'm thinking that calling BB support for this probably confused the call center worker into thinking there might be physical problem stopping the BB+ working. No doubt someone will see this thread and explain it better though lol

I've been advised that you will probably have to call CS again tomorrow but that it may only take a packet hit to resolve the problem. If you do get re-directed to India then make sure you tell them clearly that your connection is fine but you have lost access to the broadband plus content.
I think the poor CS in India just got confused and thought you had lost your BB connection.

Chris_1013
10-06-2005, 21:35
I guessed it'd be something simple - I'll give them a call in the morning. One thing - when people say call 'CS', what do they mean? Cos, there isn't an option for Customer Services on the phone menu - do I go to Billing and Payments or something?

Paul K
10-06-2005, 21:39
CS covers many things lol You would probably have to talk to BB support as it's that sort of area. It all depends on what is wrong but I think 1 number covers all and you just select the area that you need to sort out ie. Broadband, TV or telephone and select from the choices that are then opened to you.

BarFly
10-06-2005, 21:46
your going to need phone tech support : 0845 650 0125, & there going to need to raise a server support ticket to get it switched over, as BB+ goes on the mac address on CM / STB, thus since the swap over, you'l have a new one.

sorry would do it for you, but im not in now for a couple of days, so give them a ring in the morning & or tonight, open till midnight, it was dead quioet when i left earlier & someone should be able to sort that for you.

Paul K
10-06-2005, 21:48
your going to need phone tech support : 0845 650 0125, & there going to need to raise a server support ticket to get it switched over, as BB+ goes on the mac address on CM / STB, thus since the swap over, you'l have a new one.

sorry would do it for you, but im not in now for a couple of days, so give them a ring in the morning & someone should be able to sort that for you.
And not a simian in sight ;) Cheers Barfly :)

Chris_1013
11-06-2005, 10:28

Hmm, not so sure about that - Phoned techincal support, they told me it's because Broadband Plus wasn't set up on my account for the new box, and I needed to speak to Customer Services. Got transfered - told CS, and they were like, well, you just need to sign up again!

I know it's based on the MAC address of the box, that's blatantly obvious - so why they won't just change it (and also why the didn't do it in the 1st place when the box was changed) is a mystery to me....

Paul K
11-06-2005, 11:06

Hmm, not so sure about that - Phoned techincal support, they told me it's because Broadband Plus wasn't set up on my account for the new box, and I needed to speak to Customer Services. Got transfered - told CS, and they were like, well, you just need to sign up again!

I know it's based on the MAC address of the box, that's blatantly obvious - so why they won't just change it (and also why the didn't do it in the 1st place when the box was changed) is a mystery to me....
Well if you get no joy on the phone I can only suggest you wait till monday and see if Barfly can look into it for you.

ian@huth
11-06-2005, 11:36
I'm not going to go over the same thing I'm sure has been said before, I only meant that I don't enjoy calling India when I want help from an English company, and I want to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about rather than going over the same things over and over. Sorry, I use monkeys very colloquially at work when referring to our first line guys, so it's kinda a force of habit. I didn't mean it racially or anything like that.AFAIK customer service calls do not go to India, only some technical support calls. I suppose that if you expect to speak to an English person when calling an English company that you will expect to speak to an American person when calling NTL. :D

Don't make the mistake of thinking that all Indian call centre staff don't know what they are doing and can't speak clear, understandable English. I am thinking of having a hydro massage steam shower installed and saw one that I quite like in TilesRUs. The local branch did not have any literature on it, didn't know who manufactured it and couldn't give me any details. When I got home I rang their help line which turned out to be in India. The agent that answered spoke excellent, clear English and answered all my questions within seconds which surprised me as some of them were not worded in a way that would be on any of their documentation.

Don't think that I am in favour of call centres being located abroad. I'm not, I would prefer that the jobs stayed in the UK.

Chris_1013
14-06-2005, 17:48
Yeah, no luck with Customer Services, just telling me to sign up again -

@BarFly, any chance you could take a look for me? What info do you need?

Chris W
14-06-2005, 17:51
Yeah, no luck with Customer Services, just telling me to sign up again -

@BarFly, any chance you could take a look for me? What info do you need?

bung me either your account number/ postcode and address/ or smart card number of your stb and i'll have a look.

Chris_1013
14-06-2005, 18:35
PM sent - thanks for looking into this