PDA

View Full Version : 2mb/1mb

outcastangel
08-06-2005, 23:08
Wonder if any ntl staff are around to sort this problem out. Signed up for 2mb bout 4 weeks ago, decided a few days later 1mb would be sufficient for my needs so rang ntl to sort it out, 'yes madam thats done', had to ring last week for some reason and was informed i was still on 2mb, asked again to go down to 1mb, just done a bb speed test and im still on 2mb, even tho ive just signed up for the 1mb at 9.99 a month, wanted it sorted but ringing up doesnt seem to work cos they dont seem to listen, i just dont want a huge direct debit out of my a/c unexpected, please advice,. thanx

Chris W
09-06-2005, 11:36
:welcome:

does your connection run through a seperate cable modem or STB?

Ignition
09-06-2005, 11:55
Don't you have to stay at one speed level for 1 month before you can downgrade, IE you sign up for 2Mbit you must have it for a calendar month before you can downgrade?

Neil
09-06-2005, 12:02
Don't you have to stay at one speed level for 1 month before you can downgrade, IE you sign up for 2Mbit you must have it for a calendar month before you can downgrade?

Yes.

Raistlin
09-06-2005, 12:08
Would have been nice if the OP was told this when they phoned up though :shrug:

ian@huth
09-06-2005, 12:20
Did the OP change the required service from 2Mb to 1Mb before it was installed and activated though? If it was before then I would have thought it should have been 1Mb from the start.

outcastangel
09-06-2005, 13:33
i asked to be downgraded before the account was activated, wasnt told anything about having to have it for a month etc, i just dont trust ntl and there direct debit history, will ring up again now and see if i get anywere, thanks for help :)

edit* just spoke and yes im still on 2mb, hopefully this time the lad has done the job, just annoys me you have to ring 3 times to get a simple request done and they wonder why they have such a bad reputation with customer service