PDA

View Full Version : Innocent Smoothies

Mr_love_monkey
08-06-2005, 16:15
Is it just me, or can anyone else not get enough of these things.

I'm not really a fruit person, but I can quite happily drink a litre of the coconut, banana and pineapple one and still want more... and apart from the amount of sugar it contains, it's good for you....

Add to that, that Asda are doing them for about £2.30 each... :drool:

andyl
08-06-2005, 16:17
Rest assured it's not you. Yum :)

Stuart
08-06-2005, 16:23
I can quite easily get enough of these, I don't like them, so having none is enough for me..

Bex
08-06-2005, 16:26
Is it just me, or can anyone else not get enough of these things.

I'm not really a fruit person, but I can quite happily drink a litre of the coconut, banana and pineapple one and still want more... and apart from the amount of sugar it contains, it's good for you....

Add to that, that Asda are doing them for about £2.30 each... :drool:

i have to agree..... but home made ones are just as yummy as shop bought

Raistlin
Don't know what you're talking about, sorry :shrug:

greencreeper
I've seem them and they sound nice but I have major, major issues with bits in anything smooth. Just makes me gip. It rules out jam and yoghurt. I did used to drink bitless orange juice but I found a lump of peel - made me wary.

Derek
08-06-2005, 16:33
Perhaps missing the point of the healthyness but mixing them with morgans rum is V. nice.

Mr_love_monkey
08-06-2005, 16:36
Perhaps missing the point of the healthyness but mixing them with morgans rum is V. nice.

I'm sure all the fruit cancels out the unhealthiness of the alcohol :)

Here's (http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/drinks/drinks.html) a link for those of you that don't know what they are

Halcyon
08-06-2005, 16:47
They are definately very nice and one of the most simple things to make, providing you with a healthy blend of fruits and vitamins.
Just chuck in all your fruits in the blender and your off.

Millay
08-06-2005, 17:48
I've seem them and they sound nice but I have major, major issues with bits in anything smooth. Just makes me gip. It rules out jam and yoghurt. I did used to drink bitless orange juice but I found a lump of peel - made me wary.

I vould make many a funny joke.. ;) :D but i do agree with you.. bits in drinks etc just seems weird, it might be something to do with the greeny type thing i foun din a can of apple tango once.. but its enough to make me reach...

greencreeper
08-06-2005, 22:23
I vould make many a funny joke.. ;) :D but i do agree with you.. bits in drinks etc just seems weird, it might be something to do with the greeny type thing i foun din a can of apple tango once.. but its enough to make me reach...
A fellow bit hater! :D :hugs: "Greeny type thing" - oh lovely. I like apple Tango :erm: I think my dislike stems from being forced to eat things like cheap jam at school. :(

Raistlin
08-06-2005, 22:27
I can't stand "bits" either.

Jam/Marmalade/Fruit Juice They all have to be smooth.

The only exception is peanut butter. I like a bit of crunchiness there.

greencreeper
08-06-2005, 22:30
I can't stand "bits" either.

Jam/Marmalade/Fruit Juice They all have to be smooth.

The only exception is peanut butter. I like a bit of crunchiness there.
Another bit hater! :hugs: We should start a little clique :D

Crunchy I can handle :Yes:

Raistlin
08-06-2005, 22:35
Another bit hater! :hugs: We should start a little clique :D

Good idea, I changed my signature accordingly.....

Maggy
08-06-2005, 23:26
I err don't find fruity drinks that refreshing especially if they are too sweet.Even OJ cannot really cure thirst. :erm:

I'd rather drink water,tea or iced tea for thirst quenching properties.

Raistlin
09-06-2005, 09:24
Surely tea doesn't actually help with thirst.

It containes caffeine, which dehydrates you, which makes the thirst worse :shrug:

Ramrod
09-06-2005, 09:29
Don't know what you're talking about, sorry :shrug:

link (http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/drinks/drinks.html) :)

Maggy
09-06-2005, 09:35
Surely tea doesn't actually help with thirst.

It containes caffeine, which dehydrates you, which makes the thirst worse :shrug:

Actually it doesn't.I don't know why.It just doesn't.After all in most Asian and Middle Eastern countries you get offered different flavoured teas to refresh you.Plus some teas such as green tea are actually very good for you and have a lot less caffiene.Of course IF you are worried about the caffiene content just use less tea.Hmm a mint tea sounds good about now.Plus I think I'll prepare some iced tea. ;)

I find however adding sugar to a drink makes it less thirst quenching.The more sugary it is the worse it becomes.Which is why IF I was going to go for a fruity drink I'd go for the natural unsugared citrus fruits.Apple juice,grape juice and the more sweet fruit drinks just aren't as refeshing.I would need to drink a glass of water afterwards to really feel I'd had my thirst quenched.

Raistlin
09-06-2005, 09:37
link (http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/drinks/drinks.html) :)

Here's (http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/drinks/drinks.html) a link for those of you that don't know what they are

Thanks though :)

Actually it doesn't.I don't know why.It just doesn't.After all in most Asian and Middle Eastern countries you get offered different flavoured teas to refresh you.Plus some teas such as green tea are actually very good for you and have a lot less caffiene.Of course IF you are worried about the caffiene content just use less tea.Hmm a mint tea sounds good about now.Plus I think I'll prepare some iced tea. ;)

Perhaps natural teas don't contain as much caffeine then? Not sure really.....

Nidge
09-06-2005, 10:37
I err don't find fruity drinks that refreshing especially if they are too sweet.Even OJ cannot really cure thirst. :erm:

I'd rather drink water,tea or iced tea for thirst quenching properties.

Any tea based drink will dehydrate you.

Maggy
09-06-2005, 10:46
Any tea based drink will dehydrate you.

Just because I prefer tea I get got at...At least tea is non fattening especially without any milk or sugar.

Chemists..always arguing....as if they know anything...Pah! ;)

Anyway I've never got dehydrated by drinking tea anyway-as I drink my full quota of water a day...