PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Broadband support did not start on 5th June

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 05:16
Thought you folks would like to know that the so called Sunday 10:00 to 4:00 broadband support service did not start on the 5th June as reported and advertised. Around 5:00 pm on Saturday I noticed that only the DS light was lit and it was flickering all the time. (Power and Ethernet were also lit and solid).
So I call Customer Service, knowing that at that time on a Saturday they would be closed but I wondered if there might be one of those autmoated messages about regional problems. There wasn't but there was a message about NTL listening to its customers and starting a Sunday service from the 5th June. Great thinks I !! I'll call on Sunday.
Sunday arrives and at 10:30 AM I call Customer Service, go through the automated selections, only to come eventually to the "Sorry we are closed...bla bla bla" message. No mention of the Sunday support or the 5th of June at all...!!! Deep dissapointment...:mad: another 24 hours before I can report my fault.
Monday comes and eventually at 8:05 I get past the "We are closed" message and get through to CS. 30 mins later an engineer is booked for 1-5 on Monday....the same day !!! Amazing. Even more amazing the guy turns up at 1:00 PM, replaces the modem and all is well.....!!! :)
So NTL redeemed themselves this time, I couldn't of got a faster response even if their Sunday service was up and running, however I do feel I may have been a touch lucky in getting an engineer call on the same day as reporting the fault.
Anyone know why the Sunday service didn't kick off on 5th June...!

ian@huth
07-06-2005, 06:04
It is faults that is open on Sundays, not customer services AFAIK.

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 06:13
Well you have to call the CS number to get through to Faults.....

Paul K
07-06-2005, 07:33
What number did you call?

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 08:02
I called 0800 052 2000.

The point is that I that I heard the recorded message about Sunday services on Saturday, after selecting the Broadband Fault options. But on Sunday, there was no such message after selecting the same Broadband Fault options except the one that said it was closed until Monday....!:shocked:

Oh and by the way I called twice on Sunday, 10:30 and at 11:30.

Racingdick
07-06-2005, 08:18
Telco and Dtv are covered on sundays in the uk though i thought India was open on sundays... the direct number for tech support BB is (CM)0845 650 0121 or (STB) 0845 650 0125

Paul K
07-06-2005, 08:20
Telco and Dtv are covered on sundays in the uk though i though India was open on sundays... the direct number for tech support BB is (CM)0845 650 0121 or (STB) 0845 650 0125
He dialled the number that NTL advertised as being available on Sundays now. Sounds like a technical hitched that meant your call didn't get forwarded to be honest.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/ntlsunday.JPG

paulyoung666
07-06-2005, 08:24
Telco and Dtv are covered on sundays in the uk though i though India was open on sundays... the direct number for tech support BB is (CM)0845 650 0121 or (STB) 0845 650 0125

why ring a number that is going to cost you to ring when you can use the free one , then again why is there a chargeable number when there is a free one anyway :confused:

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 08:41
He dialled the number that NTL advertised as being available on Sundays now. Sounds like a technical hitched that meant your call didn't get forwarded to be honest.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/ntlsunday.JPG

Could have been a technical hitch....twice....but do we know if anyone else got through....?
By the way I rang the number at the top of my NTL bill. I didn't know anything about the Sunday service on Saturday until I called them and heard the recorded message.

Paul K
07-06-2005, 08:46
It's possible that during the whole "press this button now" routine when you called the number on Sunday that a technical hitch or just a fouled setup meant that you got re-directed to the wrong call center as only certain centers/ departments were open.

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 08:51
Could be that was what happened....but it must have happened to others as well. Can't see why it would have happened to just little old me....
As far as I'm concerned, technical issues or not, the Sunday Broadband Fault service never started on 5th June....:dozey:

Bill C
07-06-2005, 10:22
Could be that was what happened....but it must have happened to others as well. Can't see why it would have happened to just little old me....
As far as I'm concerned, technical issues or not, the Sunday Broadband Fault service never started on 5th June....:dozey:

It did start on the 5th june. Dont you think had it notstarted this website would have been flooded by the "let's get NTL brigade" :). It would not suprise me if some "not aimed at you" would have phoned just to check :LOL:.

Wiggz
07-06-2005, 11:06
hmm...for my money it's entirely possible that it could have been a technical hitch...but then again, that's NTL all over :)

Can't open correctly ;) (and before I get flamed to buggery, I've had more than my share of experience on Customer Service quality issues so I am well placed to put forth an opinion based upon them)

Still benefit of the doubt eh?

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 11:26
It did start on the 5th june. Dont you think had it notstarted this website would have been flooded by the "let's get NTL brigade" :). It would not suprise me if some "not aimed at you" would have phoned just to check :LOL:.

Bill C, I'd be happy to hear from anyone who did get through. Until we hear from someone who actually got through to the the broadband fault service on Sunday we have to assume my experience was not just a one-off happening....

Bill C
07-06-2005, 11:28
Bill C, I'd be happy to hear from anyone who did get through. Until we hear from someone who actually got through to the the broadband fault service on Sunday we have to assume my experience was not just a one-off happening....

How can a test of 1 be proof ?

If you want that proof how about a mod set's up a poll we only need 1 to prove it was open :)

Maggy
07-06-2005, 11:31
Well DID anyone get through? :erm:

Bill C
07-06-2005, 11:33
Well DID anyone get through? :erm:

Need a friendly mod to setup a poll i have no idea how to do it

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 11:42
Proof of 1 still stands until it can be contradicted.
If it was a technical hitch then fine they launched the service, but not everyone (perhaps no one) could use it....

Chris
07-06-2005, 11:44
I have added 'had no need to call' to the poll, just so people can vote and see results automatically and not have to keep clicking 'view poll results'.

Bill C
07-06-2005, 11:47
If it was a technical hitch then fine they launched the service, but not everyone (perhaps no one) could use it....

And the old saying "there dammed if they do and dammed if they dont" springs to mind here.

There try to correct something which they were wrong to change. Then when they might have had a glitch with it some are all to quick to pull them down for it. :mad:

I sometimes wonder how much blood out of a stone it will take to please.

paulyoung666
07-06-2005, 11:49

argument for arguments sake :rofl:

Paul
07-06-2005, 12:03
Even a vote on this forum proves nothing - we are but a small selection of the total "ntl population".

Paul K
07-06-2005, 12:06
Maybe we should ask the people who were working on Sunday as to how many calls they took? I'm sure there would have been posts on here if people had been made to go to work on Sunday for no reason :erm:

Bill C
07-06-2005, 12:11
Even a vote on this forum proves nothing - we are but a small selection of the total "ntl population".

But the logic applied here at the moment is that 1 not getting through means that it was not working at all. I find this very hard to believe. There would have been the usual blood letting on here if it was not running.

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 12:21
And the old saying "there dammed if they do and dammed if they dont" springs to mind here.

There try to correct something which they were wrong to change. Then when they might have had a glitch with it some are all to quick to pull them down for it. :mad:

I sometimes wonder how much blood out of a stone it will take to please.

My intention is not to pull NTL down. Just to let folks know that I couldn't get through to Faults on Sunday. The service I got on Monday was excellent, within 5 hours of my call I had my modem replaced. I doubt I could of got it fixed any quicker if I had got through to them on Sunday. I never even mentioned on Monday the fact that I couldn't get through on Sunday.

Paul
07-06-2005, 12:28
But the logic applied here at the moment is that 1 not getting through means that it was not working at all. I find this very hard to believe. There would have been the usual blood letting on here if it was not running.I don't believe it at all.

We already have (currently private) testimony that they were open, and the call rate was in three figures for most of the day.

Racingdick
07-06-2005, 12:32
Maybe we should ask the people who were working on Sunday as to how many calls they took? I'm sure there would have been posts on here if people had been made to go to work on Sunday for no reason :erm:

personally i took in the region of 90 calls... :cool:
that was supporting DTV and Telco, with the odd BB call that slipped through. Being originally from TSB personally i didnt mind helping mis directed customers.

Hope u have better luck next time mychettman :tu:

Bill C
07-06-2005, 12:37
I don't believe it at all.

We already have (currently private) testimony that they were open, and the call rate was in three figures for most of the day.

Thank you for that Paul. Have a green rep from me :)

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 12:42
Well that's great, we have confirmation that the Sunday service was operating...with at least 1 user not being able to get through at all. In fact getting the message that they were closed....surely I wasn't the only one.....!

Paul K
07-06-2005, 13:07
Well that's great, we have confirmation that the Sunday service was operating...with at least 1 user not being able to get through at all. In fact getting the message that they were closed....surely I wasn't the only one.....!
What area of the country are you based in? First section of the postcode might help pinpoint if there was a problem with the software that controls the redirection of calls to the call center.

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 13:31
Surrey. GU16

BarFly
07-06-2005, 14:05
Broadband support has been open on sunday for as long as i can remember, & beleive me ive worked alot of them..the announcement was realating to DTV faults now opening sundays as they have previously been closed.

So in fact you are right BB support didnt start opening on sundays from june 5th, but along time before that.;)

Technical support opening hours : 8am - 12am mon - sun

MytchettMan
07-06-2005, 14:10
Soory Barfly it was BB Faults I was talking about not Support.

Paul
07-06-2005, 14:32
Soory Barfly it was BB Faults I was talking about not Support.Um, are they not the same thing :confused:

BarFly
07-06-2005, 14:38
Um, are they not the same thing :confused:

basically yes, everything BB realated should end up on tech support desk...

from the op, you should have been speaking to tech support....

has this been resolved now ???

<Edit>

sorry just seen you got a replacement modem.....

<Edit>