PDA

View Full Version : Domestic violence

Russ
25-09-2003, 12:12
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3137822.stm

Interesting how the campaign has been aimed at male purpotrators - surely as male victims are in the minority, there should be a major campaign targetted at encouraging them to report the crime? Isn't that what minorites usualy can expect?

Defiant
25-09-2003, 12:16
HAHAHA you jest. Men with rights hahaha

downquark1
25-09-2003, 12:19
I've heard stories of women getting their families to beat their husbands up. But the idea of a woman beating a man is still 'dismissed' in society. Seems double standards are still here. In my experience women are far more agressive (not physically) than men, I think because they can 'get away with it'.

Man swearing at a woman ----> 2 years prison sentance
Woman swearing at a man ----> Man performs more tasks and better.

Defiant
25-09-2003, 12:26
I've known some right evil bitch's in my time (very lucky I know) and once even got arrested because of one. I got arrested because of her say. The police officer that arrested me admitted to me I'd done nothing wrong but the sargent said we have to take the word of the women. Rights ha single white males dont have any

aliferste
25-09-2003, 16:09
Hi Russ,
This is the second time that you have brought this subject to the forefront as it were.
The reason there are so many campaigns for Women is because they are the most likely to be the victims of domestic violence. For every one guy that gets hit by his partner there are another 50 women that get beat up and raped by theirs.

Here are some links that you may find helpful as the issue around Domestic violence against men is an issue that is being tackled.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_news/england/devon/3085330.stm

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/cru/kd01/green/dvam-00.asp

Ah yes, Defiant, I wonder what your side of the story can be if you refer to Women as right evil bitch's .

Defiant
25-09-2003, 16:11
Originally posted by aliferste

Ah yes, Defiant, I wonder what your side of the story can be if you refer to Women as right evil bitch's .

Well their are some out their you know. Mind you not in your land of cuckoo cuckoo

aliferste
25-09-2003, 16:28
Originally posted by Defiant
Well their are some out their you know. Mind you not in your land of cuckoo cuckoo

:rolleyes:

Yea yea.

Russ
25-09-2003, 17:22
Originally posted by aliferste
Hi Russ,
This is the second time that you have brought this subject to the forefront as it were.
The reason there are so many campaigns for Women is because they are the most likely to be the victims of domestic violence. For every one guy that gets hit by his partner there are another 50 women that get beat up and raped by theirs.

Yes I'm aware of that, but surely it would be harder to encourage male victims to come forward, therefore there should be emphasis on getting them to come forward?

Whenever the subject is domestic abuse it is always assumed the victim is female - this sort of thing will only encourage male victims to think their case will not be taken seriously. This belief can be overcome by a high-profile media campaign in support of men. To say that women are more likely to be victims may well be correct, but until we lift the 'shame-factor' we will never know the true number of males who are affected.

You say for every male victim there are 50 females on the recieving end but one of your links says it's one in four women and one in six men. Exaggerations like that certainly don't help.

Mind you not in your land of cuckoo cuckoo

Digs like that will get you nowhere.

Defiant
25-09-2003, 17:28
Originally posted by Russ D

Digs like that will get you nowhere.

People that don't seem to know what happens out their yet try extracting the urine will though...

Theirs plenty of ladies out their that will agree that their are some right bitches out their and that goes the other way round too for men. Theirs some right *******s.

Trust aliferste to start here yet again though hey. So if the hat fits wear it I say

aliferste comes along as someone that if got burgled and battered he'd blame everyone else apart from the people that done it

Russ
25-09-2003, 17:35
People that don't seem to know what happens out there yet try extracting the urine will though...

Theirs plenty of ladies out their that will agree that there are some right bitches out there and that goes the other way round too for men. There's some right *******s.

Trust aliferste to start here yet again though hey. So if the hat fits wear it I say

aliferste comes along as someone that if got burgled and battered he'd blame everyone else apart from the people that done it

Are you deliberately trying to be offensive with such generalisations?

Defiant
25-09-2003, 17:37

No just thinking back to past posts!

Russ
25-09-2003, 17:38
No just thinking back to past posts!

As some may have noticed, I'm very much concerned in men's rights, and have seen some incredible scenes of women displaying very disturbing behaviour towards men but I do not consider them all to be like it!

Defiant
25-09-2003, 17:40
Agreed Russ their are but I think we must all admit their are women out their like this

Atomic22
25-09-2003, 19:12
any man that hits a woman is **** and needs a good kicking and the woman needs to get out as soon as it starts.
any man that gets hit by a woman is with the wrong woman and should get out.
if man or woman stays in the "relationship" where they get hit they get what they deserve and warrant no sympathy

downquark1
25-09-2003, 19:13
Originally posted by Atomic22
any man that hits a woman is **** and needs a good kicking and the woman needs to get out as soon as it starts.
if man or woman stays in the "relationship" where they get hit they get what they deserve and warrant no sympathy Isn't that over-generalising:eek: ?

Atomic22
25-09-2003, 19:23
nope

aliferste
25-09-2003, 20:11

Dont worry about it, Im used to it by now :)

Chimaera
25-09-2003, 20:20
Originally posted by Atomic22
if man or woman stays in the "relationship" where they get hit they get what they deserve and warrant no sympathy

But it's not easy to leave when you have children - plus when you have been told for so long that you are worthless, useless, and cannot live without the abusive partner - so many mind games are played and threats made that you come to believe what you are told, and are too scared to do anything about it anyway!!
It's not a case of staying in that relationship - it's more a case of being too scared to do anything about it.

Take it from me - I KNOW.

homealone
25-09-2003, 23:07
Originally posted by Chimaera
But it's not easy to leave when you have children - plus when you have been told for so long that you are worthless, useless, and cannot live without the abusive partner - so many mind games are played and threats made that you come to believe what you are told, and are too scared to do anything about it anyway!!
It's not a case of staying in that relationship - it's more a case of being too scared to do anything about it.

Take it from me - I KNOW.

my heart goes out to you Chimaera, my mum was in that exact situation, they eventually did get divorced and she has since re-married, but I will never forget one day when my father convinced me not to report him to the police for driving my mother to the point of a nervous breakdown - he died 20 odd years ago in his early 50's, I'm ashamed to say I wasn't sad to see him go.<shrug>

no it isn't only men that are abusive, but when it comes to mental torture, my opinion, maybe biased by the experience described above, & Chims' post also, is that men may have the upper hand, if they are less emotional?

Gaz

Russ
26-09-2003, 08:22

So an innocent man or woman who has done nothing wrong other than love their husband/wife/bf/gf deserves to get attacked?

Remined me never to be your drinking buddy....