PDA

View Full Version : more money!

TigaSefi
25-09-2003, 11:47
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/33029.html

Just when ppl thought Litigation finally dyin' they found a new pot of honey. I suspect the "Mature" ratings of games in USA will be tightened up and the only place to buy them are skin shops heh.

Defiant
25-09-2003, 12:16
The family of the dead victim plans to sue Take-Two after the boys said that they were acting out something they had seen in their favourite videogame - Grand Theft Auto 3. Although specifics of the case have yet to be disclosed, reports suggest that the family will seek a massive $100 million in damages from the publisher.

hang on they let their kids play this and then sue the publisher. Hmm only in america

TigaSefi
25-09-2003, 12:23
First question I'd ask if i was defending the company and the boys of early teenage years would be

"As parents, why did you let your children have games that clearly marked as a Mature rating" but you can argue that in the cinemas, under 18 can see films as long as they accompanied by adults for the R movies, it only NC-17 they can't go in. So if the parents accompany the children to buy Vice City, well they dug their own hole.