PDA

View Full Version : New Nintendo console announced...

Boom
25-09-2003, 10:04
http://spong.com/index.asp?art=5570

Not a bad idea really.

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 10:29
the idea of fingerprinting software to the console isn't a new one, the apple lisa did this.

IMHO it won't catch on...
Reasons for this -
1) what if the console fails? do you lose all the games you bought?
2) say you have 2 consoles, or you have one and your brother has one... you now have to buy a copy for each console. (say you got game A and game B, your brother / sister is playing game A and you want to play game B, no can do as it is ONLY on the same console as game A, any other system would allow the second console to play game B)

2) is a very important point, as with the consoles at £40 it is cheap enough to buy one for each kid...

the concept is good, but I seriously don't think it will be well met.

dr wadd
25-09-2003, 13:48
I imagine that the games will be at very cheap prices, as the intention seems to be that you overwrite existing games with new ones, so in essence it is almost a rental system. Nintendo have already operated a similar system for the Gameboy in Japan with success, so it is not an untested concept.

Defiant
25-09-2003, 13:58
very clerver concept. Lets see whats happens.

My guess is a modchip will come out (well it is china) and you'll see copied flash cards appearing

Boom
25-09-2003, 15:34
Originally posted by Defiant
very clerver concept. Lets see whats happens.

My guess is a modchip will come out (well it is china) and you'll see copied flash cards appearing

Those modders will find a way around, just thought it was nice concept.