PDA

View Full Version : Kill those creases

greencreeper
04-06-2005, 06:35
"Women want to get rid of creases while men want to destroy them," he said.

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=55&ArticleID=1045181

I think the marketing guys have been at the mushroom omelette again :rolleyes:

Angua
04-06-2005, 08:16
My husband has always done his own ironing! Then again he is ex military;)

Maggy
04-06-2005, 10:12
http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=55&ArticleID=1045181

All men are prone to exaggeration(well some of them... :D ).

More a case of yes I do all my ironing/50% of the household chores/look after the kids.
When in reality it's I iron whenever my wife/gf forgets to iron a special item,I only do the chores when she nags and I only look after the kids once a week while she does the shopping. :p:

allieyoung666
04-06-2005, 10:21
Paul does the iron and the cooking, because I am so messy and he likes me to get on with my work!!!!

Nidge
04-06-2005, 10:55
I have one of them steam generators, they are bang on.

Richard M
04-06-2005, 11:10

All men are prone to exaggeration(well some of them... :D ).

More a case of yes I do all my ironing/50% of the household chores/look after the kids.
When in reality it's I iron whenever my wife/gf forgets to iron a special item,I only do the chores when she nags and I only look after the kids once a week while she does the shopping. :p:

You have a wife? :Yikes:

punky
04-06-2005, 11:12
I don't do the ironing, because I don't wear shirts. Makes life a bit easier.

allieyoung666
04-06-2005, 11:14
I laugh when people say they iron their underwear!!! why?? Nobody is going to see it!!!

dilli-theclaw
04-06-2005, 11:16
I laugh when people say they iron their underwear!!! why?? Nobody is going to see it!!!

Surely that depends on how lucky you are :D

punky
04-06-2005, 11:17

Didn't your mum warn you to always wear clean knickers in case you get run over by a bus?

I am a bit different though. I have to chase my boxer shorts around the house in the morning to put them on. They are always trying to escape.

greencreeper
04-06-2005, 11:17
My mate irons...

Tea towels :Yikes:

dilli-theclaw
04-06-2005, 11:18
My mate irons...

As do I....

punky
04-06-2005, 11:18
My mate irons...

I used to when I was a kid, it was a good way for my mum to teach me how to iron without damaging clothes.

Raistlin
04-06-2005, 11:19
I used to when I was a kid, it was a good way for my mum to teach me how to iron without damaging clothes.

I did that too.....didn't help much though :(

allieyoung666
04-06-2005, 11:20
Oh comeon, have you ever tried ironing a basque!!!! No only kidding, yeah but the underwear doesnt stay on that long does it!!!!
Yeah my mum always used to say always go out with clean underwear on!!! Why??? I cannot see the point!

Chimaera
My mate irons...

So do I! They lay flatter in the drawer so I can fit more in - not that I use them much, I have a dishwasher (no, not Paul!)
I don't like to see men doing the ironing - it just looks strange! I don't mind doing it, once I've got started - a nice drink to hand and something mindless on the telly helps too!

allieyoung666
As do I....
What next doileys!!!

dilli-theclaw
04-06-2005, 11:23
What next doileys!!!

All my doileys come in a packet and don't need ironing :)

allieyoung666
04-06-2005, 11:24
you really are a geek!!!!
Next it will be the nets!

dilli-theclaw
04-06-2005, 11:27

What makes you think I have nets - I WANT people to see in :D

AndrewJ
04-06-2005, 11:39
Didn't your mum warn you to always wear clean knickers in case you get run over by a bus?

I am a bit different though. I have to chase my boxer shorts around the house in the morning to put them on. They are always trying to escape.

:Yikes: :rofl: :tu:

Richard M
04-06-2005, 11:47

What makes you think I have nets - I WANT people to see in :D

:D :naughty:

Electrolyte01
04-06-2005, 12:23
Ironing? I've never heard of the word :p:

My mother doesn't care if I don't do the ironing, but this is only because I always keep my room clean, I always help out with my dad on any task if he needs it, I always cook for my self etc :D

greencreeper
04-06-2005, 12:46
Do any men out there actually get excited over the power features of a iron though, like geeks do at an overclocked CPU or a car with a big exhaust?

Richard M
04-06-2005, 12:55
Well I always do it at maximum heat if that's what you mean. :)

Chimaera
04-06-2005, 13:28
Well funnily enough we've just been to Tesco and bought a new steam iron - and the overriding consideration is that it was half price! I did check to make sure it had a decent amount of steam etc. but wasn't that bothered really.
It's one of these (http://www.moulinex.co.uk/pages/irons_atoll65.htm) for £14.97 - not bad really. I could report back later on the handling, features etc if you like? :shrug: :D

Perhaps you should do the kind thing and just let them free, Punky? :shrug: :D

Marge
04-06-2005, 13:30
Perhaps you should do the kind thing and just let them free, Punky? :shrug: :D

and put the British public at risk :eek: :Sprint:

punky
04-06-2005, 13:31
and put the British public at risk :eek: :Sprint:

You've met them then?!? :erm: :)

Millay
04-06-2005, 13:34
I hate irnong, at present our washing machine is on the blink, so I took my last lot of washing round my mums, i dont know how she does it, but my t-shirts etc came back crease free and she didnt even iron it, when I wash stuff it takes hours of battling with a iron before the creases come out.... awww how i love my mum lol...

Marge
04-06-2005, 13:39
You've met them then?!? :erm: :)

*cough* not yet ;)

Raistlin
04-06-2005, 13:44
I hate irnong, at present our washing machine is on the blink, so I took my last lot of washing round my mums, i dont know how she does it, but my t-shirts etc came back crease free and she didnt even iron it, when I wash stuff it takes hours of battling with a iron before the creases come out.... awww how i love my mum lol...

The trick (apparently) is to fold/hang things while they are still warm from being in the drier.

Doesn't work for me either :shrug:

greencreeper
04-06-2005, 14:01
Well I always do it at maximum heat if that's what you mean. :)
That may explain why your best trousers are reflective ;) :p: :D

Angua
04-06-2005, 14:09
The trick (apparently) is to fold/hang things while they are still warm from being in the drier.

Doesn't work for me either :shrug:

Also use the right fabric conditioner, the only one I found that actually works is Easy Iron concentrate. I very rarely iron anything especially not "jeans" (creases in jeans yuk):Yikes:

Maggy
04-06-2005, 16:15
You have a wife? :Yikes:

I wish!!All I've got is a husband. ;)

Raistlin
05-06-2005, 11:25
I wish!!All I've got is a husband. ;)

So that post yesterday was actually our first exposure to Mr Coggy?

:waving: Nice to meet you Mr Coggy.

Maggy
05-06-2005, 14:43
So that post yesterday was actually our first exposure to Mr Coggy?

:waving: Nice to meet you Mr Coggy.

I wouldn't bother saying hi.The only time he uses this PC is to upgrade his overdraft and to check The British Legion homepage and to type his Poppy Appeal documents.As this involves both me and my son in the process of helping him when he goes bright puce and shouts I don't think he'll be much interested in CF.He likes RL pursuits such as drinking,snooker,drinking,bridge,drinking,sleeping ,drinking a whole lot more.

:D And I wouldn't change him-much!

bob_a_builder
05-06-2005, 15:57
Yes, but I never saw the point, you get run over by a bus and theres bound to be a certain amount of self soiling (to put it politely), so no one would ever know they were clean on or not !

MovedGoalPosts
07-06-2005, 23:31
And for those people who have sooo much spare time they iron their sheets, here's how to put them away: http://www.target.com.au/html/homewares/sheets.htm

Almost as magical as that T shirt folding video that crops up from time to time.

danielf
08-06-2005, 00:12
And for those people who have sooo much spare time they iron their sheets, here's how to put them away: http://www.target.com.au/html/homewares/sheets.htm

Almost as magical as that T shirt folding video that crops up from time to time.

You've been reading Ramrod's 'tricks of the trade' site haven't you? :)

greencreeper
08-06-2005, 00:38

Do people still use fitted valance sheets :shocked: The nylon ones where you'd catch your toenails - or find someone else's. Move slowly or you light up the bedroom with sparks :shocking:

zoombini
08-06-2005, 08:33
My wife doesn't like ironing much & won't iron undies etc.

So most of my clothes are wrinkled, she makes an extra effort to buy non iron ones.

When ironed properly clothes do take an awful lot less room in the draws etc, when left rumpled they take more room & can be uncomfortable to wear as well as look messy.

MovedGoalPosts
08-06-2005, 09:52
You've been reading Ramrod's 'tricks of the trade' site haven't you? :)

Oh dear, sussed :walk::

Stuart
08-06-2005, 14:00

She probably used some kind of Fabric softener and/or tumble dried the clothes. Doing either reduces the need for ironing in my house.

:erm: I get the feeling I should not have admitted to knowing that..

greencreeper
08-06-2005, 14:05
She probably used some kind of Fabric softener and/or tumble dried the clothes. Doing either reduces the need for ironing in hy house.

:erm: I get the feeling I should not have admitted to knowing that..
Cooooo look ladies - a new man :D