PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi drop off

Hom3r
02-06-2005, 21:56
I wonder if anybody can help.

occasionally while i'm using my connection between my laptop downstairs and my router upstairs (less than 10 metres) it drop the connection and sometime I have to turn off then on my router, to get the connection back.

It also sometimes happens when I take my laptop out of standby.

the kit I use is Belkin DSL router / WAP / PCcard - wi-fi

Jules
02-06-2005, 21:57
I have to do that with my lap top which is up stairs and my router down stairs

danielf
02-06-2005, 21:59
I wonder if anybody can help.

occasionally while i'm using my connection between my laptop downstairs and my router upstairs (less than 10 metres) it drop the connection and sometime I have to turn off then on my router, to get the connection back.

It also sometimes happens when I take my laptop out of standby.

the kit I use is Belkin DSL router / WAP / PCcard - wi-fi

My laptop always takes a few secs to reconnect when coming out of standby. I never have to reboot the router to reconnect though.

Raistlin
02-06-2005, 22:01
Not a Linksys by any chance?

If it is, try changing the channel that it is operating on. It's probably still set to the default (around 6 or 7 IIRC) try moving to one of the extreme ranges (1 for example) and see if that makes life any better.

You will probably need to re-boot and re-connect the laptop for the changes to take effect.

Hom3r
02-06-2005, 22:06
ME - the kit I use is Belkin DSL router / WAP / PCcard - wi-fi

RAISTLIN - Not a Linksys by any chance?

Raistlin
02-06-2005, 22:08
ME - the kit I use is Belkin DSL router / WAP / PCcard - wi-fi

RAISTLIN - Not a Linksys by any chance?

:dunce: sorry, not been awake very long and still not firing on all cylinders.

Shouldn't make any difference though, have you had a look at the channel/frequency settings on your router to see if they can be changed?

It may be that you are picking up some interference from somewhere, changing the operating frequency usually sorts it.

Hom3r
02-06-2005, 22:10
:LOL: let you of then