PDA

View Full Version : Belkin Router

banjo
02-06-2005, 15:15
Hi,
I have a Belkin wired router model number F-D5230-4 , I have had it for a couple of years and it has been OK but every now and then the transmit and receive amber lights which usually flicker when information is being passed back and forth would lock up, a power down would clear this for perhaps a week but now it is happening perhaps 6 or 8 times a day, I have just rang Belkin and they have said that they will ring me back to try and sort it out.

I have reset the router using the button on the back of it and also updated the firmware but it has locked up again, anyone had the same problems or can help ? Thanks.

bonzoe
02-06-2005, 18:48
I had the same problems when downloading at 80K, decided it just wasn't up to the job, couldn't be bothered trying Belkin support.

Bought a cheap Netgear on e-bay, no problems downloading at 230K.

Let us know how you get on, good luck!

banjo
02-06-2005, 19:42
I had the same problems when downloading at 80K, decided it just wasn't up to the job, couldn't be bothered trying Belkin support.

Bought a cheap Netgear on e-bay, no problems downloading at 230K.

Let us know how you get on, good luck!

Thanks for that bonzoe, as you say might be as well to junk it ! but I wouldn't know what to buy as a replacement ?

bonzoe
02-06-2005, 20:18
I replaced mine with a Netgear RP614v2, probably not the best, but got it cheap and so far had no problems. There are other versions of Netgear routers and also Linksys, but I have no experience of these.

I'm sure that if you search the forum for routers you will find some useful information

ScaredWebWarrior
03-06-2005, 00:05
Hi,
I have a Belkin wired router model number F-D5230-4
<SNIP> anyone had the same problems or can help ? Thanks.

Saidsame self router/switch has served me well for quite some time now - at least 2 years I guess - who's counting?

Sorry, never had the lockup problem as you've described it - my setup runs for months without reset. And then the reset is morelikely due to a cable problem!

That doesn't mean an individual piece of equipment can't be 'faulty' - but it also doesn't mean that cutting and running after Netgear stuff will automatically enhance your networking either.

I hope Belkin help you out.

jonbr
03-06-2005, 08:27
I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router (with 4 wired ports). It's run perfectly for a year with no interruption, except when I moved my setup from one room to another.

Which ever you decide to get, buy online, much less expensive..... :)

banjo
03-06-2005, 09:11
Thank you all for your help, I will wait and see what Belkin say before making a decision. :)

banjo
03-06-2005, 14:19
I have seen this router "LINKSYS BEFSR81" any comments on it and who would be the cheapest dealer to buy it from ? Thanks.

danielf
03-06-2005, 14:25
I have seen this router "LINKSYS BEFSR81" any comments on it and who would be the cheapest dealer to buy it from ? Thanks.

Nice little router, but I would recommend the WRT54G, which is wireless but also has 4 wired ports.