PDA

View Full Version : students do you live in a cardboard box ?

kronas
02-06-2005, 00:23
lewis barnes from milton keynes has made a novel aproach to lessen the hassle of moving locations of residence (proberbly for students :D ) by creating furniture made of cardboard.

"The handle on the stand allows items to remain in the desk, allowing quick and easy moving," he said.

"I have used cardboard so after its useful life it can be easily recycled and also helps keep the costs low, making it ideal for a temporary lifespan.

"The idea comes after many years of packing my belongings to go back home at the end of term. Not only do you have to pack to leave but you also have to unpack when you get home," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4599929.stm

the whole idea is very cheap to me :erm:

danielf
02-06-2005, 00:26
Design students... :upyours:

Chris W
02-06-2005, 00:33
I think it is a good idea :)

I hate moving house! and come next month i have to do it again :cry:

anything to lessen the hassle is welcome!

kronas
02-06-2005, 00:33
i find the whole idea bizzare though, living in a house/flat of cardboard :erm:

danielf
02-06-2005, 00:38
I think it is a good idea :)

I hate moving house! and come next month i have to do it again :cry:

anything to lessen the hassle is welcome!

Ah, but you're forgetting this is designer furniture, which means it is still cr@p, but cost 3 times as much...

Chris W
02-06-2005, 00:42
I'll just stick with IKEA then :p:

danielf
02-06-2005, 00:44
I'll just stick with IKEA then :p:

Quality build that :erm: Designed to be put together on site, and never be taken apart. :(

'Billy' bookcases are nice though :)

AndrewJ
02-06-2005, 00:50
Nice house of carboard, so dont set it alght by accident your a flat of fire fuel. Also do not spill your coffee, and that heavy 21inch telly hahaha forget it, as it will fall down faster then The frogs comical value.

budwieser
03-06-2005, 19:55
Nice house of carboard, so dont set it alght by accident your a flat of fire fuel. Also do not spill your coffee, and that heavy 21inch telly hahaha forget it, as it will fall down faster then The frogs comical value.

So whats wrong with the frog then???????
My Grand-daughter loves the Axel Foley remix video!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If she likes it,,,,,,,,,,,,, Its good!:D :D :D

Graham
04-06-2005, 00:20
Cardboard box? Luxury...!!!

*WHOOP* *WHOOP* *WHOOP*

Four Yorkshiremen sketch warning!!