PDA

View Full Version : No BB, no tele no phone ....

markmarkymark
31-05-2005, 17:02
Yo all..

Sorry if this has already been posted, I am on dial up and its all so slow...

Been without BB, Phone or TV since about 0830 this morning. Have not managed to get through to speak to anyone (I have a BT phone line as well) - but all they will say is 'Thames region has a fault back on at 2000). Quite a big fault me thinks - any idea what is going on ..?

BB - no lights on cable modem at all
Phone - no dialing tone
TV - just 'NIT' displayed all day long ....

Being without the internet has been really bad today. I just got on now using a old dial up account (had to go an by a cable even!). I have posted before about using NTL BB for business - and this is clearly very dangerous for me as I rely on a connection 24/7. Someone posted that the business connections are SLA is not that much better than the home account - with little compensation .... I digress....

So, anyone else know what the problem is - and is there anyone like me that has gone from 3Meg connection to 56K (which is only working at 33K because of a DAC phone line!!!).
cheers

Mark

Jules
31-05-2005, 17:21
On the service page it just says loss of service Thames valley and that it is on going, no mention of when it will be cleared....sorry :(

markmarkymark
01-06-2005, 06:14
Dear All

Ok, all back on at about 0600 this morning - was woken by my phone giving out a single loud ring. This was obviously a major outage and hope NTL will provide details in due course.

Mark

orangebird
01-06-2005, 09:08
Dear All

Ok, all back on at about 0600 this morning - was woken by my phone giving out a single loud ring. This was obviously a major outage and hope NTL will provide details in due course.

Mark

Want do you want the details for?

markmarkymark
01-06-2005, 09:33
simply interested to know what puts out all three services for almost 24 hours - a reasonably forseeable event, act of God or what ever....

It has just proved to me that I need backup since I will be relying on BB etc to run consultancy from home

M

Jules
01-06-2005, 14:02
Want do you want the details for?

Always nice to know why you didn't get the service you paid for :)

orangebird
01-06-2005, 14:03
Always nice to know why you didn't get the service you paid for :)

Is it? How? What does it achieve? And it's a service you pay for, but not guaranteed fail free. :)

Jules
01-06-2005, 14:06
Human nature to want to know things I guess

markmarkymark
01-06-2005, 17:33
good grief - never mind - I do not care - I move on ... etc etc ...

just wondered .....

M

dragon
01-06-2005, 20:01
So, anyone else know what the problem is - and is there anyone like me that has gone from 3Meg connection to 56K (which is only working at 33K because of a DAC phone line!!!).
cheers

Mark

ah yes the good old DACS right pain in the backside for everyone! :mad: