PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for your partner to get ready to go out?

Croker
31-05-2005, 11:39
How long does it take for your partner to get ready to go out?

Chimaera
31-05-2005, 11:42
Mine - about half an hour! But that is showered, shaved etc. :D

Croker
31-05-2005, 11:44

ah - a woman talking about a man (i think) getting ready - curious! :)

Paul K
31-05-2005, 12:00
How long does it take for your partner to get ready to go out?
Depends on where we are going, sometimes it's worth allowing a little extra time without complaining ;)

Chimaera
31-05-2005, 12:02

Yep - I am talking about a man! But you didn't specify male or female, so I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to get some Brownie points! ;)
And it still takes men time to get ready to go out, doesn't it?

Croker
31-05-2005, 12:04
Yep - I am talking about a man! But you didn't specify male or female, so I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to get some Brownie points! ;)

:)
indeed I did say partner

bmxbandit
31-05-2005, 12:06
a long time, but that doesn't mean i wont get bitched at for taking 10 seconds to grab my keys and wallet when it is deemed we are ready to go! :p:

Stuart
31-05-2005, 12:08

Well, in all fairness, I think Croker was aiming his (or her) post at members of both sexes.

BTW, my ex frequently took up to an hour to get ready. I always found it amazing she could spend an hour getting ready, yet go out looking (and smelling) exactly the same as before she got ready. Not that that is a bad thng, she looked and smelled nice anyway.

TheBlueRaja
31-05-2005, 12:09
I just wash my hand and that's it - off i go :D

xcdtowg
I take about 30 mins to get ready, less if i cant be arsed to put any make up on, depends where we are going, if its out to a nightclub then its dark and full of alternative kiddies so its not like a lot of effort needs to be put in. :D If i have to have a shower and shave my legs etc it'll take another hour on top, because i never like to get out of the bath once i get in it! :D

Plonking howevere takes FOREVER to get ready i dont know what he does, it often depends on how long his hair is, because if its long it takes longer to spike it all! :D

But his sis takes all day, if shes going out its an all day job, shower in the morning, then doing her hair for about 4 hours, make up, fake tan, trying on a million outfits etc etc etc

Croker
yet go out looking (and smelling) exactly the same as before she got ready.

lol. classic :)

Stuart
31-05-2005, 12:13
I just wash my hand and that's it - off i go :D

O/T, but did you actually mean "Hand" or "Hands"?

yet go out looking (and smelling) exactly the same as before she got ready.

lol. classic :)

I never did find out exactly what took so long. OK, some of the time, I was with her, which does explain the delay for those occassions :naughty:, but a lot of the time, I was sitting in the living room and had no idea what she was doing.

bmxbandit
31-05-2005, 12:15
Plonking howevere takes FOREVER to get ready i dont know what he does, it often depends on how long his hair is, because if its long it takes longer to spike it all! :D
now you mention it, it can take up to about 20 mins to get my hair to stay up... :eek:

guilty as charged. :)

xcdtowg
31-05-2005, 12:17
now you mention it, it can take up to about 20 mins to get my hair to stay up... :eek:

guilty as charged. :)

Seeeee men are perfectionists about their hair ;) They make out they have just scruffed it up but now we all know the truth! :p:

Nugget
31-05-2005, 12:23
Seeeee men are perfectionists about their hair ;) They make out they have just scruffed it up but now we all know the truth! :p:

It's a lot easier when you haven't got any :D

Chris W
31-05-2005, 12:24
If Mrs MB is doing full shower/ hair / make up/ deciding what to wear routine it can be anything upto an hour and a half. Normally (ie before work or summat) she is showered, dressed and ready to go in about 15-20mins.

I normally take about 15 mins including shower. I have slowed down though... when i was at school, i used to be able to come home from paperround, shower, clean teeth, dress, eat breakfast and then leave the house in 10 minutes :)

homealone
31-05-2005, 12:58

you stopped using the straighteners on yours, then :p: :D

Mrs Gaz is pretty good - about an hour for the 'full works', no more than 15-20 minutes otherwise.

Shaving is what delays me - shave/shower/clean teeth/get dressed takes about 20-25 minutes ;)

xcdtowg
31-05-2005, 13:10
you stopped using the straighteners on yours, then :p: :D

Mrs Gaz is pretty good - about an hour for the 'full works', no more than 15-20 minutes otherwise.

Shaving is what delays me - shave/shower/clean teeth/get dressed takes about 20-25 minutes ;)

Well i only straightern they once in the morning and dont bother again, i dont re wash my hair when i go out :p:

At the moment im sat like a frizzy mess i can be bothered its to hot to do my hair, but ok i'll give you this one mister, i take ages doing my hair, hehe :p::D

Faulty
31-05-2005, 15:01
my man takes at least 1 hour to shower, shave and do his hair (which has to be perfect, by the time he is ready to leave i have already been waitng for 30 mins. i find it quite amusing!

orangebird
31-05-2005, 15:14
my man takes at least 1 hour to shower, shave and do his hair (which has to be perfect, by the time he is ready to leave i have already been waitng for 30 mins. i find it quite amusing!

Same here!

Faulty
31-05-2005, 15:16
Same here!

it's funny coz all the jokes are about how it takes women ages to get ready, if only they knew the truth!

Stuart
31-05-2005, 15:19
Same here!

it's funny coz all the jokes are about how it takes women ages to get ready, if only they knew the truth!

Not all men are like that.. Even when I am taking my time, I still only take 35-40 minutes to get ready. Normally, I take 10-15.

Graham
31-05-2005, 15:28
I was chatting to a cross-dresser at a fetish party recently who commented that since he started he realised that he would *never* again say to a woman "how long does it take you to get ready" or "what do you mean you've got nothing to wear" because he's gained a whole new appreciation of the situation! :)

bmxbandit
31-05-2005, 15:39
nah, if its me doing it, it takes seconds but is all wonky. if its my gf, she gets it perfect but it takes ages :D

allieyoung666
31-05-2005, 15:41
I take about 25-30 to get ready, but if I am drunk times that time I have just given you by 5!
Paul about an hr he is worse than a woman!!!!!!

bmxbandit
31-05-2005, 15:45
when i had short hair i could shower, shave and be in a dinner suit within 20 mins, easy...

allieyoung666
31-05-2005, 15:51
My hair is mega short so it is dry in about 5, Paul is bald so a quick polish on his bonce and he is good to go

Mr_love_monkey
31-05-2005, 15:53
I was chatting to a cross-dresser at a fetish party recently.....

Now it's not often you can start a sentence like that... :)

My missus can take anything up to 1 and a half hours to get ready - so I always try to get ready first, otherwise I just start pacing and getting frustrated

Bex
31-05-2005, 16:01
generally it doesn't take me that long to get ready... i am normally the one hanging around for my other half to get his act together.;)