PDA

View Full Version : 3

cjmillsnun
24-09-2003, 18:40
OK,

As mentioned in another thread,

3 Is a very shoddy company (worse than NTL :eeek:)

My main reason for this view, is that they neglegted to bill me in July ( I got the phone in June and received my first bill OK) and my August bill was sent to me in mid Sep after many phone calls to their customer services number.

Also, when calling their call centre, you have to call at very selective times, otherwise instead of getting through to the Glasgow centre, you get threough to a call centre in India, where they speak the queens english but can't actually understand a word that you are saying.

Lastly, I am getting too many cannot connect messages when I try to use the MMS in a 3G area (using it in a 2G area is not possible with NEC phones)

All in all not a good start. I am thinking about returning to Orange when they introduce 3G services.

Russ
24-09-2003, 18:52
I've been using 3 for 2 weeks now and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I haven't been billed yet so I don't know what that's like but I've spoken to Customer Services and it seems like the usual ingredients: people who are very nice and polite but absolutely no use whatsoever. I phoned up to change my address, they told me that would be ok. I called up for something else a few days later and the idiot had only changed my billing address. I agree that the Indian people have a bit of a problem understanding place-names and what you say but then again, I have the same problem when speaking to the Glasgow people :D.

Connection is pretty good around here and I'm surprised because here in South Wales we're usually the last to get anything.

Sending pictures and video clips as MMS or email is great and has never let me down yet.

Remember 3 is still in it's infancy (remember - they started the service even before any phones were available :D) and can only improve - give it time, as soon as people try video calling it will be HUGE :)

Sensei Katana
24-09-2003, 18:57
I'll think about it when they start to introduce phones that start to look less and less like a breeze block. :D

Russ
24-09-2003, 19:09
Originally posted by Sensei Katana
I'll think about it when they start to introduce phones that start to look less and less like a breeze block. :D

My NEC e606 is nice and compact! To be honest they need to be larger than 2G phones to be able to see anything on the screen.

Nemesis
25-09-2003, 08:59
... and prepay is coming ...

cjmillsnun
26-09-2003, 18:09
Originally posted by Nemesis
... and prepay is coming ...

Erm, the 3 to go package has been available from the start.

It has

No monthly line rental,

Pay for what you use.

Sounds like PAYG to me

Shaun
26-09-2003, 18:30
Originally posted by cjmillsnun
Erm, the 3 to go package has been available from the start.

It has

No monthly line rental,

Pay for what you use.

Sounds like PAYG to me

But your still on a contract and pay by DD:(